Ignition bezel won't stay on

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Cheshire

Re: Ignition bezel won't stay on

Post by Cheshire »

First remove the lock cylinder. Turn it to acc. Put a paper clip or something in the small hole and turn a little more, then remove the cylinder. Now you can Install the bezel. Push the ignition switch toward the dash ( this is not easy. Very little room behind the switch. Might need to use a screwdriver or pry bar to compress the switch and spring toward the dash) put the bezel on. Then put the lock cylinder back in. Hope this helps . The the bezel and switch have bayonet lugs like an automotive light bulb. Also might help to remove fuse block to get better access behind the dash
Oathkeeper13

Post by Oathkeeper13 »

Okay I have an update: I finally managed to put my ignition switch back together, I have a new accessory frame but the mounting hole for the top nib of the retainer is a bit too big. Any suggestions for what to use to make it smaller so it will fit properly? This frame is in way better condition than my original but it's just this minor problem I'm having with it. Any help I'm grateful for.
Oathkeeper13

Post by Oathkeeper13 »

Another update: the retainer lock is now properly installed and I am only currently struggling to get the switch and bezel in place. Progress is made and I'm doing great finally. :morning: :smile: