Sometimes your day just turns out great!

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

seany-boy

Sometimes your day just turns out great!

Post by seany-boy »

We recently had our second most important Supercars Series (Camaro v Mustang now) race down here in Australia- the Sandown 500. The car club that was the annointed club for the meeting put out a request for 50+ yr old convertibles to participate in the drivers parade before the big race. I submitted the TBird with a couple of photos and was notified a couple of days late that we were selected.
I joined another 26 classic convertibles for the day, great weather greeted us, and one of the driver combinations was allocated to the car. then a couple of young fellows started putting a camera and gear on the car, I asked and they said 'you are having camera and mic's in your car!' - one of only 2 selected for this. Not sure if the drivers were the attraction, or the bird or me ! (well I can discount one of those).
So anyway, hope you can access this short video that was streamed and telecast nationally on our biggest sporting channel.
https://vimeo.com/869356599?share=copy
Red 57 Thunderbird 312 3spd O/D
abaucom

Re: Sometimes your day just turns out great!

Post by abaucom »

Great looking car...thanks for posting.
T-Bird Registry #19119
1966 T-Bird convertible
2011 Camaro 2LT
seany-boy

Re: Sometimes your day just turns out great!

Post by seany-boy »

cheers
Red 57 Thunderbird 312 3spd O/D