Thunderbird Scoop Ad (MAC's)

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

claybreaker 144

Thunderbird Scoop Ad (MAC's)

Post by claybreaker 144 »

So I notice the full page ad in Scoops every month from MAC's offering a 5-15% discount which I thought was for "members". I know they are part of Ecklers and Ecklers was recently sold to Turn5. I had a couple open orders with Ecklers and after the company sale they wouldn't honors the prices or free shipping. Called the local number in the Scoops Ad which went to Ecklers and they know nothing about the ad, anyway nothing in the Scoops ad is correct, no discounts or free shipping, no pick-up or stores are open. Doubt "truth in advertising laws" can be enforced on this one!
66 Elcamino
62 F100 Uni CVS
62 Tbird Hardtop M Code under restoration
55 Stude Next up
61 Tbird Convt Project
MN63Tbird

Re: Thunderbird Scoop Ad (MAC's)

Post by MN63Tbird »

I have had a few issues with Macs- Ecklers in the past couple years with their customer service and their on line ordering system. The last time was this May. I placed an order on line for a heater core. Good price compared to other similar T Bird parts suppliers. After ordering I did not get an email response back that the order was received as I get with all the other vendors. I called a few hours later and talked to customer service and they said that the order was in the system and they were waiting for approval, they have my correct email and phone number and the item should ship in the next day. The customer service rep said that he would send a confirmation email. The site said that I should receive the item in 5 business days. I never received that confirmation email. After 5 days I called again and the service rep said that they had cancelled the order. Again I did not have any email or phone call that the order was cancelled. I had an issue a year ago with part of my order on back order and it never showing up. IN this case it was only a $5 part. Frustrated with both interactions.

The new Macs is definitely not the same as the old one.

MN63
1963 Thunderbird Hardtop
1966 Mustang Coupe A code