Extra-wide White Levant Grain Vinyl Top Material

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
cacockrum

Extra-wide White Levant Grain Vinyl Top Material

Post by cacockrum »

About 35 years ago I had the vinyl top replaced on my '66 Landau. The upholstery guy commented then that the extra-wide material (required to correctly position the seams so they aligned with the break points in the roof and would also allow him to properly fabricate the seams so the top portion lapped over the side panels) was getting harder to find. So I asked him to order enough to do it again in case I ever needed to. I sold the car a few years ago, and since it lived virtually all those years in my garage, the top was still in good shape. So I still have a roll of 78 inch-wide, white, Levant grain material for which I would like to find a good home. One piece is 6 feet long and the other is 4 feet long. The widest white, Levant grain material I have been able to find is at SMS Auto Fabric, and t is 54 inches wide, and sells for $89 per yard, or $297 for 10 feet. I'm thinking $500 (plus shipping) is a fair price for someone looking to restore their '66 Landau to the way it was built.