Saginaw pump brackets?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Dunk67

Saginaw pump brackets?

Post by Dunk67 »

Going with aw hydroboost and decided to get a Saginaw Pump too. I got a Borgeson kit which they claim fits a '66 Thunderbird. Clearance is very tight, very small adjustability range for a belt given the bolt on the bracket vs the pump hitting the frame. It might work, or maybe I need a different bracket that will fit better and tuck the pump in tighter? Picture is with pump touching the frame.
20220913_212038.jpg
sacredsteel

Re: Saginaw pump brackets?

Post by sacredsteel »

I put one of these on my 61 and used a 49.5" belt, 15495 I believe the belt # is, and have plenty of clearance when tightened up. I would imagine yours would be similar.
dgalietti

Post by dgalietti »

The adjusting slot is on the top correct? You could probably just elongate it a little bit more for peace of mind.
Dunk67

Post by Dunk67 »

I ended up getting a CVF Racing bracket (https://www.cvfracing.com/stealth-black ... inaw-pump/). It fits much better. Adjustment is a pain as there is poor access to the lower adjustable rod with heim joint ends. The pump and fan get in the way but it's doable and not that bad in the scheme of things. Access to tighten the bracket to the head after setting tension is a little tight as well. Good enough, it works and doesn't look too out of place at a glance.

I got an adapter to use Ford style fittings for the factor metal riser tube. It's not really needed. It looks like you can just use piece of brake line, standard double flare and brake fittings for the pump and the factory rubber hose at the pump end. I bent up the original style tube to fit, but will replace with a piece of brake line to be a cleaner install. I also dislike that this pump came with a reservoir with the return bent facing forward. Straight back or pointed generally upward would be better. I supposedly have a hydroboost coming eventually, I'll see if I can find a dual return reservoir with better fitting orientation.
20230117_181142.jpg
20230117_181153.jpg