Pre-purchase inspection Portland OR

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

sdrubicon

Pre-purchase inspection Portland OR

Post by sdrubicon »

Hi Everyone,
I'm in the process of purchasing a '66 Thunderbird that's located in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area and I'm looking for a reference to someone who I can hire to perform a pre-purchase inspection. I'm primarily concerned with mechanicals as I want a driver- not a garage decoration. Would any of you have a reputable shop and/or someone that you would recommend? Preferably someone who knows these Birds and what to look for.
Thank you in advance!
Bill
Alan H. Tast

Re: Pre-purchase inspection Portland OR

Post by Alan H. Tast »

sdrubicon wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:53 am Hi Everyone,
I'm in the process of purchasing a '66 Thunderbird that's located in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA area and I'm looking for a reference to someone who I can hire to perform a pre-purchase inspection. I'm primarily concerned with mechanicals as I want a driver- not a garage decoration. Would any of you have a reputable shop and/or someone that you would recommend? Preferably someone who knows these Birds and what to look for.
Thank you in advance!
Bill
The Bird Nest is located in West Linn, a suburb of Portland. I'm not sure if they do service work on cars or inspections but they might be able to help. It would be worth giving Matt or one of his helpers a call. See link to them and other 'Bird parts vendors that help support our Forum and website here:
http://vintagethunderbirdclub.net/links.htm
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster