gear shift indicator bulb

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

tipsy

gear shift indicator bulb

Post by tipsy »

Hello all!
I've been searching for info on how to replace my PRNDL light bulb. Can't find any reference to it at all in my service manual. I don't have the electrical manual (I suppose that's where it is) Can anyone help? Anyone done this before? Do I need to pull the steering wheel to get to it?
Thanks!
Jeff
Sierra John

Re: gear shift indicator bulb

Post by Sierra John »

Yes, you have to remove the steering wheel to access the bulb. The video at the link below has some close-up shots of the area near the bulb between 11:45 and 12:30 (the black wire goes to the bulb).

Good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIvpssRjxOQ
1966 Town Hardtop
Rt.146

Post by Rt.146 »

I replaced the bulb, grounded the steering column, bulb still will not light, maybe it has something or nothing to do with the black wire, though I will check the black wire.
mrivera

Post by mrivera »

Where on earth did you find one of these lights? I need to replace mine and I haven't been very successful in finding one.
Uk-Tbird

Post by Uk-Tbird »

I upgraded my dash lights for blue. Much better :) I’ve attached some images
Attachments
IMG_4500.jpeg
IMG_4499.jpeg
IMG_4501.jpeg
Terry64HT

Post by Terry64HT »

I'm pretty sure it's a 1445 miniature bulb. Sylvania still markets them and they are easily available at most auto supply stores.

Terry
64HT