sniper efi

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

sleeper bird

Re: sniper efi

Post by sleeper bird »

yep you are correct when i looked that is where my vacuum advance connects.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

i ran tubing to the front
i ran tubing to the front
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

instructions stated pump to be below fuel tank this was my only option,made a heat shield for it
instructions stated pump to be below fuel tank this was my only option,made a heat shield for it
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

will end up covering the wire at some point
will end up covering the wire at some point
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

i just reused the factory throttle arm,straighted the two bends with heat and drilled a hole for a cotter pin
i just reused the factory throttle arm,straighted the two bends with heat and drilled a hole for a cotter pin
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

i tried to upload a pic of where the steel line goes under the fender well into the engine compartment, this is where i put the second filter will hve to remove tire and fender well to change it but iv been there so many times its no problem for me.i just couldn't find a place for it where i placed the pump and didn't want it under the hood.i also used a walboro pump instaed of the holley it is much less loud when running.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

IMG_1618.JPG
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

also under the passenger fender well is where i tapped into the ignition wire, the red and green stripe wire goes from the ignition through the firewall at a bulkhead connection then to the voltage regulator im pretty sure. Had a pic of that and the filter but said file was to large.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

back on the road again
back on the road again
Tbirdgul

Post by Tbirdgul »

Did you have to upgrade your alternator? If so, what did you get? Thanks Tony
Tony Gul - Southern California
VTCI# 13062
1964 Thunderbird hardtop black with white roof - current
1964 Thunderbird hardtop copper - 1986
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

i did i found a 90 amp on rockauto,it was a double pulley set up AC delco i had to get creative getting belts for it.I was told the 55 amp would not support the sniper.
sacredsteel

Post by sacredsteel »

Hello there, just wondering how you like the sniper and if you have any issues running it on the stock dual plane intake. I'm thinking of going EFI on my 61 but read in several other forums of tuning issues with the dual plane and these throttle body EFI's seem to prefer the single plane. Just wondering about yours.
Thanks
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

it runs great, I am having a hot start issue that i am working out now. I will report back,also im not running timing control the more i read about issues most if not all have timing control just my observation.But if i had to do it again i think id go with the super sniper mainly because the computer is in the car and not the tb just seems to me a computer under the hood with the heat is questionable, but that's just me.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

like to warn others when the fuel pump is mounted and it is not as low as you can get it you risk the inline pump cavitating and acting like you are out of fuel,mine is mounted under the rear seat and today as i was running her pretty hard when it got down to 1/4 tank on the interstate it basically ran out of fuel, pulled over for a minute panicked tried it a couple times and it reprimed and was able to make it to a gas station,so when they say the pump must be located below the tank they mean it,when i filled up it still had 5 gallons left in the tank.I dont think if your just tooling around in town its that much of a problem but pushing hard with high demand it could be problematic when down to 1/4 tank.
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

Maybe when you turned a corner or bend the fuel sloshed to one side and sucked air, it happens with race cars when cornering. The way they overcome it is to have what they call a swirl pot, basically a small tank that stays full of fuel. A bit like this below.
IMG_1524_zpsckugblsk.jpg