Dash/Console Colors '89-'97

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

It should be obvious by now I'm knee-deep in getting a rather big chapter written for MN-12s. For the nine years, were dashes, consoles and steering wheels offered in colors to match the seats/door panels, or was there only one color for these items. I'm aware that '96-'97 only had graphite gray available for dash board and console as well as wheel, but what about previous years?

Feedback from owners would be helpful and most appreciated.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

tan or brown w/ black was an option in 96/7

blue/black was also in 94-97

maroon with black i think was in 94-5

i dont know if it was only cougars but they had a green dash option usually with white leather seats.

not to push you away from here, but, check out www.tccoa.com and www.sccoa.com these are the main MN12 websites that are out there. for info like you are looking for there are a ton of owners out there that can give you good info

(just dont ask them how to modify your motor)
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

I agree with VicRattleHead, concerning the forums he suggested. I go to both of them when I need something for my 96 as most of the VTCI members are VINTAGE owners although there are a few knowledgeable people on http://www.thunderbirds.org/forums/default.asp besides Vic and Jeff. I have sent VINTAGE owners to the VTCI forum from the Chicagoland forum so you could answer their questions!
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Blown306

Post by Blown306 »

Alan,

In '93, the console, and steering wheel and dash match the interior color. The dash has a black bezel on all colors with a wood grain insert where the vents are. The SC's had a brushed aluminum insert instead of the wood grain.
- Jeff
President, Chicagoland Thunderbirds

'93 Kenne Bell LX "Putting the THUNDER back in the BIRD"
'02 Excursion Diesel - 2x the torque, hp, weight and economy
'03 V-Rod - No more mod money
'03 Goldwing - My other bike IS a Harley