Curious as to what this Plug is

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

JBird66

Curious as to what this Plug is

Post by JBird66 »

Hi all,
Let see who can identify this plug and what it is for?
I found this plug ( screw driver pointed to it) after unplugging the sequential signal light pack in the rear of my 66 convertible. (My signals aren't working.)
It is found just to the passenger side of the signal light pack. The plywood you see is a base for a speaker I added at the rear seats. The photo should be turned 90 degrees.
What I found was the brown wire leading from this plug was not connected to anything but it has a male connector so it must plug into something. It was taped off. I also found that it was hot with key on or off.
I'm a real novice ..so take it easy on me. I also have a manual
Attachments
IMG_2148.jpg
Regards, Joe B.
Hamilton, Ontario
'Nothing is as far away as a minute ago' J.Bishop
RAVEN

Re: Curious as to what this Plug is

Post by RAVEN »

Joe, is there no reference to the wire in the Osborne manual? I am away currently, but will check when I return.

Wally
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
tbird

Post by tbird »

It is difficult to see the wire colors for sure but looks to me the one is red one is yellow if the other is blue or could be white with a blue trace. If that is the case the red and yellow are top up and top down control wires from the consul switch and the blue is the trunk light, If this is not correct I can check a 66 wiring diagram when I am in the shop.
Jim Mills
VTCI # 8071
VTCI 1964-66 Technical Editor
2002 Thunderbird
1965 Convertible
1962 Convertible (in progress)
1959 Ford Retractable HT
Many parts cars
JBird66

Post by JBird66 »

Thanks for looking at this.
I didn't realize but the attachment allows to zoom in quite nicely. The wires going in are Red Yellow Blue and Black. Coming out are Red Yellow Green and then the brown wire that has a male lead that must be plugged into something. that brown wire is hot whether key on or off.
It almost looks to me the plug has been cut on the out side of it and the brown wire was Macgyvred

I looked through the schematics ...it makes no sense to me. :)
In the process in getting the the schematics ..I read a lot about the function of the top. ..which was good.
Regards, Joe B.
Hamilton, Ontario
'Nothing is as far away as a minute ago' J.Bishop