Your favorate libation

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

Wklink

Your favorate libation

Post by Wklink »

My brother has me hooked on single malt scotch. Not an alcoholic addiction, just I really like a good single malt scotch. Right now I am sampling a MacCallan single Malt that is really tasty but a little too strong. I made the mistake of getting cask strength, which is about 15% stronger than regular single malts. You wouldn't think 10% would mean much until you try drinking it. I like the flavor, don't like the results.

What is your favorate drink on those nights that you are not out behind the wheel. I'm talking your favorate whisky, liquer, whatever. It doesn't have to be alcoholic, just what you relax with. I gave up cigars about four years ago after coming back from Iraq. I decided they werent good for me. Ok, my wife decided and I agreed. So a good whisky is the only vice I have left. I figure at this point of my life I should enjoy the good stuff in life.

Let me know what you think is the 'good' stuff in life. Whether it is coffee, cigars, whiskey, beer, or even soda it is nice to know what we enjoy outside of the axle grease and tranny fluid that we always seem to wear under our finger nails.

A 'Thunderbird' is owned by a discriminating individual. Lets see what you recommend for us high class individuals. Or at least for us folks that try to perpetrate the fraud :mrgreen:
Thomas Cofield
1962 Hardtop, 'Thumper' Red/Black
1962 Hardtop, 'The Survivor' White/Red
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
Randy Mattson

Favorite Libation

Post by Randy Mattson »

Not all of us Thunderbirders are so hi class,
Unfortunately, another favorite activity is baseball with a cold brew, which competes for Thunderbird time.
TBFE
Randy Mattson
hankedw

Post by hankedw »

NASCAR with a ice cold coors. :occasion5:
Hank ::?
Hank
Alan H. Tast

Favorite Libation

Post by Alan H. Tast »

VTCI convention awards banquet and Screwdrivers, as long as I'm not presenting awards or calling out names (sorry '06 NCR attendees)...
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
Wklink

Re: Favorite Libation

Post by Wklink »

Randy Mattson wrote:Not all of us Thunderbirders are so hi class,
Unfortunately, another favorite activity is baseball with a cold brew, which competes for Thunderbird time.
TBFE
Randy Mattson
Nothing wrong with that. I plan on taking my son to Opening Day for the Mariners. I don't drink beer at the ballpark with him though, I get so fearful I will get into a wreck on the way home and he will get hurt. Even if I have one I am afraid. Although I did have a beer at Wrigley Field last year. I grew up a Cub fan (originally from Illinois) and always wanted to have a beer at Wrigley.
Thomas Cofield
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Favorite Libation

Post by Terri McNeill »

Hi All,
Bob, my husband would agree with the single malt. (He would, he's Irish) BUT we spent a weekend in downtown Louisville Kentucky last year at a hotel that boasted a bourbon bar that served 150 different brands of bourbon... I was in heaven!!! :angel: Got though about 20 different kinds over the entire LONG weekend. I can't get a good variety of bourbon in the Chicago area... they are beer, Scotch and Vodka drinkers here.

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Ken Stevens

Post by Ken Stevens »

Bourbon

Basil Haydens. Simply marvelous. smooth... dangerously so. Nice finish, no strong after taste. Buy a bottle of this. You will never look at Jim Beam the same.
62 Tbird Coupe
61 Lincoln Convertible
94 Saab Commemorative
Wklink

Post by Wklink »

I might do that.

To be honest I haven't been able to drink Jim Beam since an incident when I was 19 years old. It involved a Bon Jovi concert (yes, you have to be drunk to attend one of these-it actually makes it almost tolerable), a girl, a fifth of Beam and I don't remember much after that. I do know that I was supposedly more entertaining than the concert.

I am something of an aberration in drinking. I used to get plastered constantly from the age of 15 up until I turned 21. Once I became 'legal' it became less fun and I stopped doing it. I drink rarely anymore.

I could tell last night for sure. We went to a Rib joint and I had a microbrew there, something about 10% alcohol. I started on a second (this was before dinner arrived) and had to stop because of the head rush. I didn't get a third but after that I gave my wife the keys (she was drinking lemonade). I figure even if I am 'fine' when I leave I don't take any chances. Boy have I changed.

I am such a liteweight anymore. It is good in a way though, that bottle of scotch that I am talking about is still about half full after owning it for two months.
Thomas Cofield
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

In my opinion and my opinion only, nothing beats a Meyer's Rum and Pepsi!!
Mike B
69 Fordor
90 2 door
VicRattlehead

Post by VicRattlehead »

depends on what im doing. i have a thing for pepsi gotta have it, regular pepsi, no diet(tastes like kaka) but when im out its bud light, vodka -n- sprite or 7up and every once in a while if im downtown theres a bar that has bourbon on special. yes terri theres a bar that has bourbon in chicago. northside on lincoln/diversy called Delilah's
http://www.per-race-engines.com
1996 Thunderbird LX
Mods
Stock is boring and useless!
Marilyn Schulz

Post by Marilyn Schulz »

a glass of wine, candlelight and listening to Frankie or Michael Ball in front of my fireplace with good friends and my partner for over 43 years.

Marilyn