New to ownership...1963 Landau

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

MB63BulletBird

New to ownership...1963 Landau

Post by MB63BulletBird »

Hello everyone...
After having owned a few classic cars I have jumped in the deep end and purchased a 1963 Landau.
It needs a LOT of work, so after using the search function on many topics, I will certainly be coming to many of you for advice and recommendations.
I look forward to getting to know many of you. I live I Northern VA if anyone is around and can meet up for a cup of coffee or a beer. Either works. In any case, this is a very cool ride and I look forward to bringing it back to life.
Best,
MB
Attachments
00z0z_3PfL050znuj_600x450.jpg
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -Ronald Reagan
stove

Re: New to ownership...1963 Landau

Post by stove »

Welcome!! What are your aspirations for the car?
1963 HT, Corinthian White / Pearl Beige
1966 Convertible, Sauterne Gold / Parchment leather/Ivy Gold (428 A/C)
1967 Tudor Landau, Raven Black / Black (428)
1970 Five Window Landau Brougham, Ginger Met. Poly / Ginger Hopsack
Karl

Post by Karl »

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase. I hope you have many happy miles in your car.
Karl.
1963 Thunderbird Hardtop
MB63BulletBird

Post by MB63BulletBird »

Stove, I think to get it mechanically sound and then start working on the appearance. A part of me wants to repaint it because it needs it badly, but part of me just wants to leave it alone and just drive it. I am an OEM guy so don't want to modify it, I just want to get it back to a solid fun weekend driver and then dress her up a little where I can. I like to do things like get the clock working, refinish the steering wheel and the like.

And from down under -- Karl, thanks - me too. I see you post a lot on here so look forward to reaping some knowlegde from you.

MB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. -Ronald Reagan
kmthrockmorton

Post by kmthrockmorton »

I am just a few hours south of you in central VA. I also have a 63 Landau and a box of spare parts in case you are missing a piece of chrome or something. Let me know, glad to help.
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

Congrats on your classic bird.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
comrade

Post by comrade »

Congrats and welcome. After restoring classic VW's for 20 years I purchased a 63 Monaco Ltd. 1.5 years hence and it has been fun, frustrating and at times, expensive, but I do not think that there is on person on here who would change a thing.

This forum has saved my tail-end more that a few times, enjoy.
MB63BulletBird

Post by MB63BulletBird »

Thanks to all of you guys for the welcome aboard.
kmthrockmorton I will touch base with you soon. I may need a few of those parts LOL. Either way I want to see what they (these cars) are supposed to look like.
Regards,
MB