Good To Be Back On The Forum!!1

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

texastomeh

Good To Be Back On The Forum!!1

Post by texastomeh »

Good to be back with you guys!!

Has been a pretty tough year.

Diagnosed with "Arthritic Spine". Had five surgeries on my back. Finally ended up with an implanted "Spinal Stimulator" to block the pain signals. Talk about a God-sent!!! :multi:

Then had to have cataract surgery and lens implants in both eyes. Another God-sent!! First time in 39 years that I don't have to wear glasses!! :multi:

SWEET RIDE has been sitting on the lift in the garage, beckoning me like a mythical Greek Siren. Only my wife's threats of additional bodily harm if I screwed something else up has kept me on the road to recovery! :evilbat:

Everything seems to be healed-up and working now and am feeling great (except for the normal aches and pains of old age (LOL)).

Unbeknownst to my wife and me, we had a "Tufted Eared Barn Owl" decide to nest and raise her young in the garage. We just discovered that SWEET RIDE'S once pristine "Buckskin Creme Metallic" roof now looks like a Dalmatian puppy. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how best to remove Owl poo without ruining the paint?

Thanx,

Tom
Tom Hartfield
"GROWING old was GREAT! BEING old SUCKS!"
"Seems like all the guys that know how to fix America are too busy working on old cars!"
'63 TBird HT
1927 BUGATTI Type 35C Replica
TR186 Triton Bass Boat
stevegintn

Re: Good To Be Back On The Forum!!1

Post by stevegintn »

Welcome back, Tom! - glad to hear you are on the mend (it's hell gettin' old, ain't it?). I'm having some health challenges myself, that are not fixable.
(I'd tell you all about it, but this ain't Facebook Lol!)

Re the new garage resident, I suggest to maybe relocate it? (the resident, not the garage)
Steve G.
'62 TBird HT
'61 TBird HT (parts car)
'88 Ranger XLT
'02 Sportrac 4x4
2012 Dodge RAM 4x4
'49 Ford 8N
bbogue

Post by bbogue »

Hi Tom. Welcome back. You’ve been missed.
I too am recovering from a health issue so I can relate. Getting old certainly isn’t for wimps.
Sorry, don’t know squat about removing owl poop from paint. My minimal experience is a few not too old bird poops which I sprayed liberally with detailer, waited a few hours, sprayed again, waited, then finally wiped gently with a very wet soft cloth. That’s all I have. Good luck.

Again. Welcome back.

Bill
Past owner 1961 Thunderbird - Heritage Burgundy Metallic

If there are no dogs in heaven, send me where they went. - Will Rogers
Mheiron

Post by Mheiron »

Welcome back! Delighted to hear your health is better.

Sorry I don’t know squat about removing owl poop. I guess soap an water didn’nt Work?
Mark H.
Current bird nest:
1961 Restored Chestnut Convertible
1963 M-code Hard Top - Being restored
1995 White T-bird Super Coupe - Fun Toy
Steverino

Post by Steverino »

Tom! Glad to hear things are lookin' up!

I can't offer much advice on the poop, other than soak and gently agitate (probably good for the brain, too...)
Steve
'62 Landau

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"...
VTCI #11678
texastomeh

Post by texastomeh »

Thanx guys!!

I appreciate the good wishes and the "poopy advice" (LOL)

The problem is that we did not discover the droppings until they were all nice and dried.

The best thing that I have found thus far is to soak a paper towel in water and lay it on the spot until the poop softens. I then try to "dab" it away with another wet paper towel or rag. This seems to remove the poop, but it leaves a brown stain/discoloration where the poop was. I am hopeful that a little additional detailing/polishing/buffing will remove the stain/discoloration, but want to wait until I have removed all the poop and do the entire roof at one time.

BTW: The "Tufted Ear Barn Owl" is a protected species in Texas, and it is a darn good thing or we would be having Owl Stew (if you are old enough remember the Beverly Hillbillies) for dinner!! :grab: I've been told that they taste a lot like Bald Eagle!!

Tom
Tom Hartfield
"GROWING old was GREAT! BEING old SUCKS!"
"Seems like all the guys that know how to fix America are too busy working on old cars!"
'63 TBird HT
1927 BUGATTI Type 35C Replica
TR186 Triton Bass Boat
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

Yes I do remember the Beverly Hillbillys show with the pot passer (pool cue stick) and the fancy dinning room table (pool table). things were different that time.
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309