backup lights

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

paul2748

Re: backup lights

Post by paul2748 »

#1 you don't have to get snippy when somebody tries to help you. # 2, all you have to do is trace the wire from the switch forward to find out where the wire is tied in - but you already knew that, didn't you ??
swatson999 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:24 pm

This was exactly no help whatsoever. I KNOW where the SWITCH is located, that's not what I'm asking. I DO have the electrical assembly manual AT HOME, which is not where I am. I was just asking about the JUNCTION which connects the single black wire from the headlight switch R connector to multiple lamp circuits, including the backup lights...so that I can see about moving that to the ACC terminal on the ignition switch. As in...where's this junction and how easy is it to get to?

It's not important, I obviously can sort it out later, I was just curious and planning ahead a bit.

1956 Fiesta Red 312
1954 Ford Victoria 312
1948 Ford Convertible Street Rod 302
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

paul2748 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:06 pm I'm answering a new question from another posting right above mine.
MarkR wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:42 pm This conversation appears to be from the past. 8 years ago. ??? I think Ronnie K is long gone.
Paul
Yeah, Ward tipped me off after my post. I didn’t notice the dates changed to being current on your reply.
Mark
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

paul2748 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:13 pm #1 you don't have to get snippy when somebody tries to help you. # 2, all you have to do is trace the wire from the switch forward to find out where the wire is tied in - but you already knew that, didn't you ??

Paul,
Right on. No reason for anyone to post a reply like that here.
Swatson…..take a deep breath good buddy. Everyone is just trying to help out another member here.
Mark
55blacktie

Post by 55blacktie »

I don't see (or hear) THANK YOU often enough. I know that most of us are gratified by simply helping others; we don't do it for the praise. It is a bonus when those on the receiving end express their appreciation. Anytime someone's help saves me time and/or money, I do the Happy Dance.

THANK YOU! :hello1:
swatson999

Post by swatson999 »

paul2748 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:13 pm #1 you don't have to get snippy when somebody tries to help you. # 2, all you have to do is trace the wire from the switch forward to find out where the wire is tied in - but you already knew that, didn't you ??

You mean like this?
See my earlier explaination above

You should get an Electrical Assembly manual. It has routing and color codes.
I do apologize for being a bit sharp with my response, though. It was just a knee-jerk response to the latest in a string of answers to questions on several (unrelated to Tbirds) forums that completely didn't answer the question that was asked and I got unnecessarily irked. Sorry about that.
Rusty57

Post by Rusty57 »

Thank you!
Rusty
VTCI 13079