hubcaps or wheels

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1970-79 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
19THUNDERBIRD78

hubcaps or wheels

Post by 19THUNDERBIRD78 »

Ok I've been making seperate topics. From what I've been reading members prefer keeping things in its own topic. Ok so i originally was gonna get after market wheels, street tires. Do all the little things,but to my surprise many people like my bird the way it is Original. i got hubcaps now with white walls,i like them they shine nice and look good with the trim. I was considering trying to find turbine wheels for my bird. But wanted some opinions here . Would the turbine wheels take away from the look and about how much do a set normally go for? Thanks :)
Michael Grajales
1978 Thunderbird
Cherry valley Massachusetts
Vintage Thunderbird Club international Member#12358
BirdShepherd

Re: hubcaps or wheels

Post by BirdShepherd »

Hi Mike:

When I began driving my 1979 Bird as a daily driver, it had the factory polycast wheels. But I purchased a set of turbine wheels and painted them to match the color of my car--and added the center caps; turbine wheels normally are only seen on 1978 Diamond Jubilees and Town Landau models and 1979 Heritage Edition and Town Landau models.

If you want to see what the turbines do for the car, e-mail me and I'll send you the pix. thanks, tim
Shepherding 77-79 T-Birds, Shepherding People
BirdShepherd

Post by BirdShepherd »

Mike: Forgot to add that I have one extra set (4) of the aluminum turbine wheels.
19THUNDERBIRD78

Post by 19THUNDERBIRD78 »

Lol you have everything tim :) guve ne a bit on my way home with new alternator. Also i need 10 plastic clips like 10 metal. And 4 arch wheel moulding trim. Give me a price and ill send u the money as soon as i can.
Michael Grajales
1978 Thunderbird
Cherry valley Massachusetts
Vintage Thunderbird Club international Member#12358
tbirdman77

Post by tbirdman77 »

BirdShepherd wrote:Mike: Forgot to add that I have one extra set (4) of the aluminum turbine wheels.
do you still have the wheels? "tbirdman77@windstream.net"
BirdShepherd

Post by BirdShepherd »

You've got mail