South Bend, IN show for Habitat for Humanity

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

TheMadTurtle

Post by TheMadTurtle »

Hi all!

I'm organizing a car show in South Bend to benefit Habitat for Humanity. It's free to bring your car! Each car will have a 'bucket' and people will vote for their favorite cars by placing money in the respective car's bucket. The winners are the ones with the most money raised and all the proceeds will go to Habitat for Humanity! So, voting for your own car is welcome! ;) Free dash plaques to the first 50 cars!

It will be on Saturday, July 8th at my local church - http://www.eccsb.org - the Covenant Church of South Bend from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM.

Feel free to contact me if you have questions!
www.hoosierthunderbird.com

-'58 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'67 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'50 Hudson Pacemaker
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

What a cleaver and wonderful idea!! You must let us know how well it worked!!

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
TheMadTurtle

Post by TheMadTurtle »

Well, the show was a success! There weren't as many cars as I'd hoped, but it was still a respectable turnout for a first year doing the show. We had 24 cars of a wide variety. Studebakers were the most common (in South Bend, go figure...) with 4 Larks and a Hawk.

Between the votes for the cars and the concessions we raised $850!

Here are some pics from the show:

http://www.sewerden.com/Images/HabitatC ... index.html
www.hoosierthunderbird.com

-'58 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'67 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'50 Hudson Pacemaker
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

I just took a look at the photos! Some very nice cars indeed, and I happen to be a Studebaker fan :mrgreen:

Your idea was very unique and it raised some money for a needy cause, congrats! Let us know when the next one is and be sure to post it.

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds