Vaccum Manifold

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

paulr

Re: Vaccum Manifold

Post by paulr »

redstangbob wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:17 pm my 65 looks just like yours Paul, I don't think that is a nipple on the back. JMO
Correct you are. I just was at a loss for the right word; it was a lame choice on my part. :oops:
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau HT
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

it was a lame choice on my part
:smile: I meant that it wasn't a vacuum port or anything, it's more than likely the exhaust
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
stubbie

Post by stubbie »

I don't think that is a port. It looks rectangular like it is part of the internal mechanism. Like you can drop a spanner on and turn it.
Take a look here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VACUUM-VALVE-T ... SwsW9Y2tDQ
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-66-Ford-Th ... SwnM1bZ~w5
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

from the looks of those pics, I'd say it looks more like 2 spring pockets.

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
paulr

Post by paulr »

redstangbob wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 pm from the looks of those pics, I'd say it looks more like 2 spring pockets.
Please tell me what a spring pocket is?

IMG_4204.jpg
I just got this today, $12 (those Ebay guys are theives). There are no ports on the back of the manifold. The rectangular areas on front and back should have thick felt inserted to act as filters; I don't know how this thing works, but the rectangles are breathers. There are no moving parts. MPC lists this part--C4SB-63219A00-A--for all models 64-66.
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau HT
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson
Rt.146

Post by Rt.146 »

My manifold does not have the rectangle in the back in the front it does, just that thing that looks like a port, one thing about this unknown port is the diameter of it, is not the same as the one that gets the feed from the canister slightly smaller, thought not as small as the ones on the front of the manifold. I'm going to insert a wire into the one in the back (gently) to see if I gain entrance into the manifold, or if it is blocked from the inside of the port.
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

I'm wondering, what are you trying to accomplish? The door lock system is not interconnected to the A/C system at all, except for getting vacuum from the engine under the hood. Does your engine run? What system are you trying to diagnose? I'm honestly confused at this stage. JMO Bob C

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
Rt.146

Post by Rt.146 »

It was going along nicely with the manifold for the door locks, (even though at times all the hoses look like a pit of snakes),until I noticed, that back of the manifold port, I think I will just ignore it for the time being and get the rest of the hoses hooked up, I did strip the inside of the car, now in the process of putting it all back together, seats are still out, steering wheel is off, need to put the shift lever back in had that infamous notch filled in, a little work left before I attempt to crank it over.
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

I think I will just ignore it for the time being and get the rest of the hoses hooked up
good idea, it sounded like you were trying to solve a problem you didn't even have. What vacuum options do you have? I mapped out my vacuum system, but I've found that vacuum trunk lock cars like mine have slightly different hook-ups. I'd get the car running so you have good vacuum and test things separately. The A/C will run even if the Freon is gone, unlike modern cars, provided there is vacuum to the cycling switch. good luck, Bob C

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
Jim Wulf

Post by Jim Wulf »

For a detailed description of the '66 vacuum system, complete with factory correct photos, go to my webpage here:

http://www.tbirdgarage.com/Site_2/66_Al ... ystem.html
Jim W, VTCI 1961-1963 Technical Editor
62 SR Red/Black
63 CV Black/Red
67 MGB Roadster
38 MG TA Tickford Drophead Coupe
39 Lea-Francis Corsica Super Sports
Past Birds:
63 MSR Red/Pearl Beige
66 CV Red/Red
63 CV P. Green/Pearl Beige
61 HT White/Pearl Beige