Fuse Block - 1962

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

jbrd66

Fuse Block - 1962

Post by jbrd66 »

Can someone please post a photo or a schematic of the fuse block and a list of the fuses for a '62? The backup lights are out. I suspect wither a blown fuse or a problem with the gear shift linkage in the steering column - I'd like to know which fuse I have to go after :). Thank you !!
bbogue

Re: Fuse Block - 1962

Post by bbogue »

I suggest you perform a search of this forum using the terms “neutral safety switch backup lights.” Should result in plenty of info. Good luck.

Bill
Past owner 1961 Thunderbird - Heritage Burgundy Metallic

If there are no dogs in heaven, send me where they went. - Will Rogers
Joe Johnston

Post by Joe Johnston »

63 was the first year for a central "fuse block" located on the passenger side kick panel. A list of the fuses is in the Shop Manual and can probably be found by searching here and online.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
1962tbirdblue

Post by 1962tbirdblue »

Check the neutral safety switch, it may need adjusting, check for lose wiring on it. It is near the base of the steering column. If that is not the issue, then it is your light switch may be it, the rev lights go through that switch. Do all your other lights work? rears, map light, etc?
jbrd66

Post by jbrd66 »

Thanks. Neutral safety switch connection was the issue.