Wing window motor

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

bwssr

Wing window motor

Post by bwssr »

What is the best way to remove and replace the motor for the wing window?
I was in the army stationed at Ft. Lewis in November 1973. I bought my 65 Thunderbird near there and was hooked on Thunderbirds ever since.
bwssr

Re: Wing window motor

Post by bwssr »

On a 66 Thunderbird.
I was in the army stationed at Ft. Lewis in November 1973. I bought my 65 Thunderbird near there and was hooked on Thunderbirds ever since.
paulr

Post by paulr »

The vent window regulator is a entire assembly--window plus frame plus regulator--that is removed from the door which acts as its case. It's held in there by a few large screws. Pull the whole thing up and out and then it's easy to replace the motor on your bench. To get there first you have to remove the door panel. An Osborn diagram is helpful to know what to unbolt and what to leave in place. Good luck.
Paul
VTCI 12014
Registry 45122
'64 Landau HT
"Beer, now there's a temporary solution!" ~Homer Simpson
bwssr

Post by bwssr »

I wrestled with that for over 2 hours and it would not come out. I tried from every angle. You sure the motor doesn't have to come off 1st?