PhotoBucket post repairs

Forum updates...
Yoda
Site Admin

PhotoBucket post repairs

Post by Yoda »

I was finally able to write the code needed to repair links for the posts where I was able to recover PhotoBucket images. I was not able to recover all images (e.g., where a PhotoBucket account was deleted), but I was able to recover a lot of the images (back in July) and repair the posts (tonight).

Hopefully this prevents some of you from having to recreate tutorials, etc.

-Brian
Brian E. Pangburn
VTCI Administrator
1965 Convertible
sseebart

Re: PhotoBucket post repairs

Post by sseebart »

Thanks, Brian--your efforts are much appreciated!

~Steve
saenzm

Post by saenzm »

Brian,
This coding and repair you made is greatly appreciated. Does everyone realize the magnitude of this fix???

Personally, it was such a frustrating experience to finally find a post with the pics i needed; only to find the dreaded Photobucket error.

Cheers to you, good sir.
-migs

1962 Hardtop ...perpetual WIP
kevindeluca66

Post by kevindeluca66 »

First off I appreciate everything that anyone does for this forum even though I'm not sure the complexity of this repair. I'm trying to get my avatar to reappear but no luck. How do we upload a pic to the VTCI server?
A 66 Thunderbird is cool. A Sapphire Blue 66 is a beautiful car. The 428 engine completes the package.
VTCI#10019 Member since 2002, parents have been members since I was 11 years old.
Yoda
Site Admin

Post by Yoda »

You're welcome.

For the Avatar, click your name at the top right, click "User Control Panel", click "Profile", click "Edit avatar". Then you should be able to delete and upload a new photo. They don't make that one easy to find.

Note that I did not attempt to recovery any avatar images from Photobucket. Really didn't even occur to me. Sorry.

-Brian
Brian E. Pangburn
VTCI Administrator
1965 Convertible