New Member Long Time Thunderbird Owner

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
slick67bird

New Member Long Time Thunderbird Owner

Post by slick67bird »

I just wanted to say "Hello" to everyone. I just signed up today, and I am excited to see that I am not alone in my passion for the Thunderbirds.
I purchased my first 1969 2 door 429 in the early 90's from my brother for $200.00 because it did not run. I had not seen one before, and I instantly fell in love. After a few tweaks and having to learn ALOT about Ford wiring and vacuum I got her running great. Unfortunately, she was sacrificed in a divorce.
I never forgot about that love, and in 2003 I happened upon a 1967 2 door 390 that needed a lot of help, but the body and frame were in great shape.
I have been slowly putting it back together even adding a 460 (slightly modified). Hopefully it will be on the road in the Spring, and I will be deciding on the paint. I will attach pics when I can.
During the process of trying to find parts I purchased another 1967 2 door doner car and have a few parts if anybody is looking.
I am looking forward to chatting with you all!
JohnMc

Re: New Member Long Time Thunderbird Owner

Post by JohnMc »

What a nice note. I'm still looking for a nice clean untouched '67 four-door. Good luck and I'll be looking forward to your posts. BTW, anyone out there have a nice '67? 847-997-9944.
cbaskin

Post by cbaskin »

Nice note. I love the 67tbirds too, have a nice looking one that needs some hopefully minor things like wiper motors and fluid pump and may be engine mounts. Any help on this would be appreciated. Welcome back to the tbird world, a great world that it is.
mbayrock

Post by mbayrock »

Welcome!

Im also pretty new. I picked up a 68 fordor a few months back after dreaming of having one for over 20 years..

looking forward to seeing your pics.

There was a guy in and around here in vancouver BC selling parts for a 67, check the craiglist section in vancouver lower mainland.
1968 Thunderbird landau fordor