Sold the '69

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

mcgsxr

Sold the '69

Post by mcgsxr »

I absolutely enjoyed the 6 years (and ~6000 miles I drove the car during those years) I owned "Ali" as my girls called her.

The new owner picked up the car and drove it (!) about 500 miles home. I was surprised that was his approach, but felt the car would be up to it. I had checked over the fluids and air pressure and all looked good.

He did let me know the car was flawless during the drive home.

I will miss her, but will always have the memories that car helped me build with my kids at a specific age during their growth.

Thanks again to all the support here on the forum!

I don't rule out owning another in time, but for the moment I am back to the mundanity of my 2009 Ford Fusion.
Rehomed - 1969 Red Landau Tudor survivor, 34K original miles. TBird Registry #37047
RAVEN

Re: Sold the '69

Post by RAVEN »

I wish I could have seen the Car. As you are aware, I tried several times to get you out to an event or two, but do realize your business career took preference.
Did you by chance introduce the new owner to the SOTC and the VTCI? Have him contact me thru the Forum or pass his name on to me to follow up, by a PM.

Thanks for being here, and try to get a replacement, once its in your blood, it never really leaves.

Wally K "RAVEN"
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
mcgsxr

Post by mcgsxr »

I do apologize for not getting out to any of the formal local events. I attended many local general car gatherings in the first couple of years. My travel for work always gummed up my intentions of getting out to a local meet. Darn work!

The new owner is in Chicago, so not sure the Ontario based club will be meaningful for him.

I did link him to this site to help orient him to some of the internet sites to visit for help etc. This one has always been top of the list.
Rehomed - 1969 Red Landau Tudor survivor, 34K original miles. TBird Registry #37047
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

I'm curious where you advertised the car, finding a buyer so far away. wish you the best, Bob
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Take care, Gixxer Man!

I've been Birdless myself for a while now since selling my '62. Right now, with two motorcycles taking up space in my garage, there just isn't room for one. But someday, I know I will rejoin the flock!

:cya:
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
mcgsxr

Post by mcgsxr »

I had only advertised the car locally, but my neighbor ended up contacting the eventual buyer. He is a business partner to my neighbor, and they specialize in buying CDN cars and selling them back into the US (most of the cars they deal with are 25 years old or more).

The T Bird is going to be in this guy's garage, he was taken by the originality and wanted it for himself. That helped my mindset, as I remembered his reaction last year when he first saw the car. Glad it went to someone who was as taken with it as I was.

The garage looks so empty, but it will be in the Spring that it will really hit me.
mcgsxr

Post by mcgsxr »

The emptiness of the garage did not take until Spring to hit me.

I ended up picking up a very different summer car.

2005 Mercedes CLK500 convertible. Should be fun when the weather breaks.

But I still stop in here to see what is up with the 67-71's!
RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

I wonder what Elmer (father-in-law) would say if he knew? He being a founder of the SOTC (first exec committee)
You are still welcome to come out to the Tues nite coffee nites, we might convert you back to a Ford man!!! LOL
CDN Member since 1975 #2086
Flock: 1964 Landau Original Family Owned
1964 Sr Convertible "RAVEN"
Past: 2003 Blk Lab "RAVEN" "RIP"Nov 15/17
1964 Lincoln vin4Y86N00007
1964 Red Convertible
mcgsxr

Post by mcgsxr »

Still daily driving a Ford, so not out of that family after all the years I lived in Oakville!