1967 WILL NOT START

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
wmdoyle

1967 WILL NOT START

Post by wmdoyle »

Hey guys so I have a 67 with a 390 and a c6 auto trans. I was driving the other day and the engine started cutting out. I pulled over and she was idling ok so I kept driving towards home. Then she sputtered and died. Started bac u just fine and I drove a few more miles until she died and wouldn't start up again. Had a friend try to jump me and she would fire up for 2 seconds and die again. Now shell only make a groaning noise from the starter. I replaced the starter and same thing. I charged the battery today and she fired again for about a second and then died. Everytime I try turning the key she has less and less power. Not sure where to start, flex plate, carb, neutral safety switch? Battery, starter, alternator and all grounds are all new. Any help is appreciated thank you!
Excaliburss

Re: 1967 WILL NOT START

Post by Excaliburss »

Hi, I had this once with one of my cars. It turned out to be the coil. Try to change that and probably your Bird fly again.........