Brighter Dash Lights

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

MN63Tbird

Re: Brighter Dash Lights

Post by MN63Tbird »

The 1895 was the original I think GE number for the bulb. Many have the number stamped on the metal base. You an check the bulbs that you have in the gauges for the bulb id. Look for cross reference numbers for the LEDs. In the link you sent there was a few that showed a cross reference to 1895s.
1963 Thunderbird Hardtop
1966 Mustang Coupe A code
ABQTBird

Post by ABQTBird »

BA9S
That is the base type. The reason it came up as non-compatible is that Ebay uses a standard template for car parts. It is non-compatible because the originals were incandescent. Believe me, the link I gave you will work.
Tom in Albuquerque
61-63 Forum Moderator
1962 Corinthian White Hardtop, Medium Chestnut Metallic #89 Leather, A/C, P/W
2003 Premium Torch Red/Performance White HT, Partial Accent Interior, 1 of 47.
Past T-Bird: 1960 Convertible, 1974-1978
1962birdlover

Post by 1962birdlover »

Thanks Tom and everyone for your comments. I have ordered them and am waiting for delivery. I will try to post a before and after one they arrive. Not sure how long they will take.
1962birdlover

Post by 1962birdlover »

The White LED,s finally arrived. I think they were shipped from the moon. What a difference they have made. I hope to do the rest of the interior lights as well although some are a different size and I will have to determine their size. The courtesy light under the radio uses a larger socket. Also the heater control module uses two lights that I will change when I figure the best way to get access. Here is a picture of one gauge after install. The left side is the new LED,s.

Last edited by 1962birdlover on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ABQTBird

Post by ABQTBird »

I am glad that you like them. Yes, some things from China take a long time. I will find out the base# of that other bulb. I replaced that bulb too. I will find a US seller for it so you don't have to wait for the shipping container to go through the Panama Canal.
Tom in Albuquerque
61-63 Forum Moderator
1962 Corinthian White Hardtop, Medium Chestnut Metallic #89 Leather, A/C, P/W
2003 Premium Torch Red/Performance White HT, Partial Accent Interior, 1 of 47.
Past T-Bird: 1960 Convertible, 1974-1978
bbogue

Post by bbogue »

I have used superbrightleds.com for a few bulbs. I like the way they list by car and can sort by lumens, price, etc. Fast delivery. Not cheap, however.

Bill
Past owner 1961 Thunderbird - Heritage Burgundy Metallic

If there are no dogs in heaven, send me where they went. - Will Rogers
1962birdlover

Post by 1962birdlover »

Thanks. I will look into that. I never thought about how bright LED,s could be or differ from each other. The ones that I got seem perfect. The illumination is perfect without bothering the eyes. I don't think I would want them much brighter. I like to drive a night when there are few cars on the road. It adds a freshness to the interior illumination.