Battery replacement / electrical problems

This area is for posting questions/information concerning the newest generation year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: VicRattlehead

kjschaudt

Battery replacement / electrical problems

Post by kjschaudt »

2002 T'bird won't start after battery replacement and extended period of idleness.

Cranks, fires occasionally, but won't run longer than a minute or so. Scanner shows P1237 Powertrain Fuel pump primary circuit malfunction; U1262 Hybrid Electronic Cluster; B1201 Body: REM Fuel sender circuit failure ; and P1641 Fuel Pump Primary circuit failure /Open primary circuit. Shorted primary circuit. This (DTC) may be caused by : Suspect (PCM).

Have had one suggestion from a Cadillac mechanic that I try resetting everything by shorting the disconnected battery cables for 30 seconds.

Could this be a self inflicted wound? From what I've read, http://www.aa1car.com/library/battery_d ... oblems.htm, disconnecting the battery can cause a many different problems. Anyone know if disconnecting the battery can cause significant problems on this car if the memory is not backed up with external power?

Best

Ken
Randy Mattson

Re: Battery replacement / electrical problems

Post by Randy Mattson »

Changing the battery shouldn't create a problem. I've done it with mine and the only "problem" I had was resetting everything...no issues with the operations. Sorry to hear about your problems. Does your local Ford dealer have anyone with knowledge of all the electronics?
Good Luck!
Randy Mattson
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy - Ben Franklin