Fonts

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
MikeB

Fonts

Post by MikeB »

Here's a question for the experts. I'd almost be willing to bet no one knows the answer to.

What is the font name used on the '68/69 power window housing?

I have just a couple leters worn off. So, I don't need to do them all.
Mike B
69 Fordor
90 2 door
Alan H. Tast

Fonts

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Mark:

Can you send a photo to tast@earthlink.net for me to look over and for documentation purposes/use in the '67-'71 Original Factory Specifications Manual? This is something I don't recall having seen on the cars I have photographed to date. I do have graphic arts catalogs with font styles for dry-transfer lettering that should yield a match. When you take the photo, try to get a ruler next to it in order to scale the image (see next comment).

Another alternative if a commercially-available dry transfer isn't available would be to get artwork done for them in order to make dry transfers or a silkscreen. For fun I could draw up the graphics in CADD in my spare time over the next week or so and forward a PDF, JPG TIF or GIF file.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
Alan H. Tast

Window Plate Graphics

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Mark:

Found the pic you posted on glamorbirds site. Get me dimensions for the window switch openings, overall dimension on the brushed metal plate insert and I can get it drawn up pretty easily.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Alan,

Thanks for your quick responce. The letters are 1/8" tall. The switch openings are 1 1/4" 1/2".

Thanks,
Mike B
69 Fordor
90 2 door
Alan H. Tast

'69 Power Window Panel Graphics

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Mike:

I've uploaded a PDF file to the Glamorbirds/Yahoo site with a draft file of the graphics for your review. I was able to work on this last night, but it still needs some cleanup. A close-up photo of the text would me MOST beneficial in order to refine these even more.

If you want me to email it directly to you send me a message at tast@earthlink.net so that I can respond with an attachment.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Alan,

The font looks pretty close. they may be just a bit to thick (bold) though. I'm going to send you a couple pictures tonight. I had removed the "window lock" from my plate to try something I found at a hobby store. Needless to say, it didn't work.
Mike B
69 Fordor
90 2 door
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Alan I will send a picture with ruler either Monday or Tuesday.

Thank's
Mike B
69 Fordor
90 2 door