For Sale: "The Survivor", '62 Hdtp w/less than 12k

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
60fore

For Sale: "The Survivor", '62 Hdtp w/less than 12k

Post by 60fore »

Well folks, a sad day has come. A new passion (motorcycling) has stolen all my time and interest so I must sell my '62 hardtop.

She was featured on the front cover of the September/October 2012 issue of the VTCI Scoop magazine. Currently the odometer reads 11,782 original miles. I have a number of documents from prior owners to verify mileage. It's very difficult to say how many low-mileage survivors of a given model still exist, but this must surely be one of the lowest mileage Bulletbirds remaining.

Other than some underhood wear parts, mufflers, two headlights and new repro wheels and tires, the car is totally factory original and truly defines the term "time capsule car". The interior especially is in remarkable condition and presents as a one year old car would. Dash pad and vinyl upholstery are free of cracks and retain the rich red color which puts repro materials to shame. Chrome and stainless trim are also in excellent original shape. It's obvious the car has been garage stored and covered the vast majority of its life.

I believe it's important, given the historical significance of this car, that it remain in the hands of a Thunderbird enthusiast. So this forum is the only place where it is currently advertised. I don't want it to fall into the hands of a "flipper" whose only interest is to sell the car for a quick profit. She deserves better than that!

So if you're a Thunderbird fan interested in discovering the joy of driving a nearly-new Bulletbird, please reply via PM. I will be more than happy to discuss the car's interesting history, appraised value and answer any questions you may have. As for shipping, I will be pleased to assist in any way I can but the buyer would be responsible for covering the cost.

Speaking of cost, I have set the price at $22,000 CAD. At current exchange rates that's about $21,100 USD. Purchase price includes the full set of original wheels and tires, still with good tread (!), original owner's manual and other documentation, professionally made car show sign, and a full set of repro manuals. Due to garage space limitations sorry, but no trades. Thanks for your interest!

Last edited by 60fore on Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
Wklink

Post by Wklink »

Let me talk to my wife. This is one of the few cars I would sell my 63SR that I am restoring for.
Thomas Cofield
1962 Hardtop, 'Thumper' Red/Black
1962 Hardtop, 'The Survivor' White/Red
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
60fore

Post by 60fore »

OK Thomas. If you'd like more info send me a PM and I'll shoot you my phone #.

RAVEN

Post by RAVEN »

Its a sad day in my heart. Would love to make an offer but not in the crystal ball. My father would love to see it if he was alive today. He had a clone of yours and traded it for a 64, which I have today. He always regretted it as he felt the 62 was a better all round unit. Good luck to you and the cars future owner. Regards R
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Thanks Raven! It is my sincere hope that someone who frequents the forum will buy the car, so I can still keep track of her. :mrgreen:

Wklink

Post by Wklink »

Wife wasn't particularly responsive to the idea. I figured on that. The problem for me is selling the Roadster prior to buying the car. I doubt the car will wait that long.
Thomas Cofield
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
60fore

Post by 60fore »

TTT

60fore

Price reduction

Post by 60fore »

Price reduced by $1500. Would like to sell before I need to store it for winter.

john6t6

Post by john6t6 »

Man it will be sad to see that one go, good luck Gary
1966 Hardtop Sauterne Gold
VTCI #4065
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Thank you John! :mrgreen:

60fore

Post by 60fore »

Car is still available, and at current exchange rates the price in USD is down to $20,100!

Wklink

Post by Wklink »

Let me see if anyone would be interested in my 63 SR, maybe we can talk then.
Thomas Cofield
VTCI-PNW
RSSVTCI
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Oh man, really sorry to come back to the forum and see this!
I of all people can relate to how situations and interests change, though.
(Oddly enough, I, too, jumped back into motorcycles with a vengeance again after selling my Bird. I know our tastes in two-wheeled vehicles differs a bit, but up until recently, I had a '76 Honda 550 cafe racer, a '95 Ducati 900 SS, an '05 Yamaha FZ-1, and a 2012 Triumph Bonneville.)
Best of luck with the sale, bud. I sincerely hope it doesn't leave you with a tough case of seller's remorse like I had... ::?
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Well well well look what the cat dragged in!! :shock:

How have you been my friend, the forum has missed your presence!

Yes Dan I'm having so much fun on two wheels now and there isn't enough room in my garage to support both hobbies so I had to make this tough choice. Someone is going to get a very unique car though!

Also if you check my sig you'll see I've added some modern muscle to the fleet. The Super Bee with its 470 hp is ripping off 12.4 second quarter miles, bone stock. Had to get a prescription for Depends. :lol:

TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Hahaha! Heck, I'm getting to the age where I'm going to be needing the Depends soon without the muscle car!
So how are you, buddy? All's good here, and I superstitiously hesitate to say that business has been booming for some time now, so at least I've got some "breathing room" again, financially speaking. Glad to see some of the guys like you and Joe Johnston are still here. Is Nova still on the boards? I sure miss the fun and friendship here; maybe I can try to make a little time to get back on here again occasionally - unless you're leaving with the sale of your car now! Oddly enough, I've been looking at a very sweet '64 recently...
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333