FOR SALE 1966 Thunderbird Town Hardtop

This area is for selling Thunderbirds and Thunderbird parts only. All other posts will be removed. No vendors please......they will be removed
DWM Jr

FOR SALE 1966 Thunderbird Town Hardtop

Post by DWM Jr »

1966 Town Hardtop with near perfect Diamond Blue exterior with new Silver Mink interior with new carpeting and headliner. Q-code 428 engine, C-6 trans. Selectair A/C, P/S, P/DB, P/Windows including vent windows, P/Seat, Reclining pass seat with integral headrest, Remote trunk release, P/door locks, Remote driver side mirror, outside Pass side mirror, Safety Convenience Control Overhead Console, AM/FM radio (original face) w/remote trunk mounted CD changer, New weather seals windows,doors and trunk, New Hood padding, Dual Exhaust, Fender Skirts and Deluxe Wheel Covers.

All of the exterior and 90% of the interior chrome has been rechromed. I had the Trans rebuilt last year. It has a Holly 650 carb and I have the original. It also has a new Bosch 27F Battery & cables, new Solenoid, Pertronix ignition w/Flame thrower Coil, New heater core, New Upper and Lower rad. hoses W/180 thermostat, New window switches.

Everything works on this car including the clock, cigarette liter, Door ajar, Low fuel and the Seat belt warning lights.

The car tracks and stops straight as an arrow. No smoke, squeaks or rattles and the big 428 motor moves this great car smoothly and quietly down the road.

The car was originally a California car right from the start with a DSO 72. I bought this car in 2011 from the then moderator of the 64-65-66 forum here on this site. It came with some documentation which will be passed on to the new owner along with a bunch of other stuff I've accumulated for the car including two top of the line Cover Craft car covers, one for indoor and the other for out door (water proof) storage.

I love the car but it's time to move on to other adventures and give someone else a chance to own a really great Thunderbird. I'm asking $16,500 for the car, If you're interested contact me at donzhouse@verizon.net and I'll provide you with a link to see some photos of the car or you can call me on my land line 908-753-9114 or cell 908-705-0442.

If you scroll down you can see some photo's of my car that where posted on my behalf by 60fore. The first and the last two photo's where taken by the car's former owner in California. All the others where taken by myself here in central N.J. For a link to additional photos or for more information email me at donzhouse@verizon.net Thank you 60fore.
Last edited by DWM Jr on Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its not about the destination,its about the ride
66 Q code Town Hard Top
Diamond Blue/Silver mink
VTCI # 11700
mortundead

Post by mortundead »

Your car sounds like an amazing ride, unfortunately I can't even come close to affording that, I'm more in the market for a project but thank you for the offer
DWM Jr

Post by DWM Jr »

quote:Your car sounds like an amazing ride, unfortunately I can't even come close to affording that, I'm more in the market for a project but thank you for the offer

No problem. Be careful in your search, sometimes what sounds like a real bargain ends up costing more to make right then it's worth. Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions here on this forum these guy's are first rate and have a lot to offer but like most of us mortals they are not mind readers so ask away. If I can help in any way don't hesitate to ask.

Good Luck
Don
66 Q code Town Hard Top
Diamond Blue/Silver mink
VTCI # 11700
omni43

Pictures

Post by omni43 »

Any chance to see some pictures?
60fore

Post by 60fore »

Here are some photos of the car which Don provided for me to post. Enjoy!

Currently Birdless....we'll see how long that lasts!

Past Birds: 1962 Hardtop Corinthian White "The Survivor"
1964 Hardtop Gunmetal Gray "60Fore"
1986 Turbo Coupe Regatta Blue
DWM Jr

Re: Pictures

Post by DWM Jr »

quote "omni43"Any chance to see some pictures?

If you scroll down the page you will find some photo's of my car that where post for me by "60fore" Also, If you send me a PM with your email address I'll forward you a link with more photo's or if you want I can provide you with additional information about the car. Thanks for your interest. Don
66 Q code Town Hard Top
Diamond Blue/Silver mink
VTCI # 11700
fast Ed

Post by fast Ed »

Lovely car, good luck with the sale!

cheers
Ed
88 Turbo Coupe manual
07 Mustang GT hardtop
previous Birds:
66 Town Hardtop
95 Super Coupe manual
TsNStangs

Post by TsNStangs »

Gee Don, it's like "deja vu all over again", huh?
~ Daniel
"I'm your huckleberry..."
VTCI #11333
DWM Jr

Post by DWM Jr »

quote: Gee Don, it's like "deja vu all over again", huh?

WOW! Hi Daniel Long time no hear. Yup it does seem like only yesterday that you and I where all caught up in the in's and out's of making a deal for "Wendy"
The old gal has been a joy to own. As you probably read I put a lot of work into her and now she's looking first class, top to bottom, inside and out. It's been a while since I posted the car for sale here on the VTCI and you can also see the add I took out in the Hemmings Motor News. I'm 99.9% sure I have the car sold to a local guy who has several other collectible vehicles and I know he'll provide her with a really good home. A good while back I contacted the current moderator of the "FlairBird" forum asking what happened to you and all he could tell me was you just seemed to drop out. I hope all is well with you and your family and it's good to know your still around.
66 Q code Town Hard Top
Diamond Blue/Silver mink
VTCI # 11700
DWM Jr

CAR HAS BEEN SOLD

Post by DWM Jr »

Thanks to all those who checked out my really nice 1966 Town Hardtop and contacted me over the last few months. I'm glad to report that my car has been sold to a collector who has a huge storage facility locally. My T-Bird will join several other collector, classic and future collectables that the new owner has. It's been fun driving and showing my T-Bird but it's time to move on. Thanks again. Don
66 Q code Town Hard Top
Diamond Blue/Silver mink
VTCI # 11700