Question on 63 Side windows Plastic Window deflector

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

rollsman44

Question on 63 Side windows Plastic Window deflector

Post by rollsman44 »

On my 63 there are clear plastic window deflectors outside the vent windows in the front . Are these aftermarket or did they come with the car. Also, on the Passenger side under the dash there is a Pull lever. Not sure what this is. Thank you for your time.
Alan H. Tast

Re: Question on 63 Side windows Plastic Window deflector

Post by Alan H. Tast »

rollsman44 wrote:On my 63 there are clear plastic window deflectors outside the vent windows in the front . Are these aftermarket or did they come with the car. Also, on the Passenger side under the dash there is a Pull lever. Not sure what this is. Thank you for your time.
Clear plastic deflectors are factory items and are available in reproduction. The pull lever on the passenger side is for the passenger side fresh air vent.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
rollsman44

Post by rollsman44 »

I have 2 chrome pull levers( 1 on each side and 1 more on the passenger side close to the door) Thank you
ozbird

Post by ozbird »

The extra pull lever on drivers side is the hood release...try pulling it out at speed and you will see what I mean...ha ha, yeah, sick joke sorry.

I can't place the extra pull lever on right side, can you post a photo of what it looks like?

g :mrgreen:
1962 Hardtop - in Melbourne, Australia
Ian M Greer

Post by Ian M Greer »

Again , possibly referring to the fresh air vent on the drivers side . Ian
1963 M Landau Caspian Blue (Remember Not All Birds Fly South)
Member #-12090