Window adjustment

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
MikeB

Window adjustment

Post by MikeB »

Another question about the windows on my '69 Fordor. I took out both front windows and had only the passenger redone, as the glue was broke. I was going do redo the glue on the driver window, but it was still good, so I left it alone. I also put new reproduction waeather strip on. My problem now is that the windows stick out at the top edge. I've adjusted and adjusted with no results. I'm just wondering if it's possible the new weatherstrip is holding the window off.
Mike B
69 Fordor
90 2 door
scottb17

1971 Fordor Window Adjustment

Post by scottb17 »

Hi there!

I realize this post was made over 7 years ago, but I would be very interested to see how your windows turned out. I have a '71 Fordor that went through a similar process, except each door/window was redone. The alignment using new weatherstripping seemed off, and produced a lot of wind noise when driving 45 mph and over.

Went back to the original weatherstripping and the windows seemed to fit decently again, but they are certainly not a long-term solution due to their condition (pretty poor, to say the least).

I would be grateful for any advice on the best way to get the windows to take on a reasonably tight seal via further adjustment or a different source of new weatherstripping. Hoping the wind noise isn't something inherent to this era of 'Birds.