who the best thunderbird vendor

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

cool65bird

who the best thunderbird vendor

Post by cool65bird »

who is the best vendor out there with good quality parts...here is a few names Macs, Birdsnest, Thunderbird headquarters :sad: , Concours parts :sad: ,and the Thunderbird ranch.. I,m thinking I might be dealing more with Macs , Birdsnest, and the Thunderbird ranch...any ideals?
65 Thunderbird
66 Mustang GT
92 Mustang GT Convertible
97 Thunderbird LX Limted Edition 4.6
03 Expedition
08 MUSTANG GT
62-63 lincoln (not yet)
67-68 cougar xr7 (had one)
05-06 mustang gt convertible(not yet)
03-05 thunderbird (not yet)
RedBird64

Post by RedBird64 »

I don't think there's any one that reigns supreme, they all have their merits.
I tend to lean towards the BN because his items are more likely to be correct than some others and when possible he sources American made parts. He will also take back defective or ill fitting parts without any hassle.

Keep in mind that most of the repop parts come from the same sources so vendors often have the same stuff no matter who you buy from.

Scott
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
redbird1

Post by redbird1 »

Seeing as where you live in the high desert, I would suggest Larry's thunderbird parts in Corona.
I have had good results with them on the few parts I have needed over the years, and the best part is I can drive there to see the parts before buying them.
Bob.
cool65bird

no thanks

Post by cool65bird »

redbird1 wrote:Seeing as where you live in the high desert, I would suggest Larry's thunderbird parts in Corona.
I have had good results with them on the few parts I have needed over the years, and the best part is I can drive there to see the parts before buying them.
Bob.
larrys cost to much and the customer service is not that great
65 Thunderbird
66 Mustang GT
03 Expedition
08 MUSTANG GT
62-63 lincoln (not yet)
RedBird64

Post by RedBird64 »

I haven't had much luck with Larry's either. He gave me the "That's as close as you can get.." after sending me wrong color headliner and then gave me static over returning it. Other vendors had correct part. Some of the other bits and pieces I bought there fell apart after a few uses.
OTOH if you could drive there and put your hands on the parts first then it may be a good way to go.
YMMV!
1964 Coupe Wimbledon white/Rangoon Red w/black int. Owned for 42 years. It was my folks car before that (second owners). VTCI # 12013.
cool65bird

Post by cool65bird »

RedBird64 wrote:I haven't had much luck with Larry's either. He gave me the "That's as close as you can get.." after sending me wrong color headliner and then gave me static over returning it. Other vendors had correct part. Some of the other bits and pieces I bought there fell apart after a few uses.
OTOH if you could drive there and put your hands on the parts first then it may be a good way to go.
YMMV!
well said....I thought I was the only one :smile:
65 Thunderbird
66 Mustang GT
03 Expedition
08 MUSTANG GT
62-63 lincoln (not yet)
Tbird100636

Post by Tbird100636 »

We've primarily done business with MAC's, Bird Nest, Concours Parts. In the past, Pat Wilson and Jim Dottling. I answered this a while back on another thread, let me look.... found it, I just bumped it on the 64-66 page. Dottling's doesn't have any real online ordering and is expensive. All others are great. Shop around, some places have better prices than others. MAC's also does monthly eMail specials.
1964 Thunderbird Hardtop- 390 FE 4V- Chantilly Beige- NEVER done, but beautiful as is.
1966 Thunderbird Convertible- 390 FE 4V- Red (Originally Wimbledon White)- Hood installed and repaint coming... well... not sure when...
Ozzy351

Post by Ozzy351 »

No matter which vendor you buy from, if your having the goods shipped to anywhere, ask them to take a bit of care with the wrapping before they box the parts, especially if the parts are fragile or small. I have had 2 bad experiences where parts were just thrown into a cardboard box with minimal padding, by some warehouse doofus who couldn't give a sh*t. Anyone knows small parts should be placed into a plastic bag in case the box gets ripped in transit and things fall out and fragile parts should be bubble wrapped to avoid damage. Ask me how I know. :sad:

Ozzy
"The sour memory of a dud purchase is remembered long after the sweet taste of a cheap deal has disappeared"
1961 T-bird H/T Silver-Gray Metallic/Raven Black roof.
1971 Ford Falcon 351 XYGT-Nugget Gold.
VTCI #11702
Adelaide, South Australia.