Thanks Jim!

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

RLZegers

Thanks Jim!

Post by RLZegers »

Just a note of thanks to Jim Wulf for providing the 4V engine compartment photos on his website. My wife and I took the top of the engine apart on our '63HTand repainted it. Those pictures were invaluable when putting it all back together. Ours came out nice for car we take to a cruise now and then.

Will post pics when I get the valve covers and air cleaner painted the proper color.

Thanks again Jim!

Ron
texastomeh

Post by texastomeh »

My wife and I took the top of the engine apart on our '63HTand repainted it.
I think we would all like to have a picture of this rare and unique woman! I would like to post it over my workbench and look at it with envious eyes everytime I wish for another pair of hands to help me with some "icky" , "useless","waste-of-time" or "it-will-messup-my-nails" (MY wife's descriptions) task on my '63 HT! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Seriously Ron, she sounds like a "keeper". Glad that you can enjoy your 'Bird together!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Tom
Last edited by texastomeh on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Hartfield
"GROWING old was GREAT! BEING old SUCKS!"
"Seems like all the guys that know how to fix America are too busy working on old cars!"
'63 TBird HT
1927 BUGATTI Type 35C Replica
TR186 Triton Bass Boat
Ozzy351

Post by Ozzy351 »

Tom, I am also married to one of those rare and unique creatures who didn't mind helping out during the rebuild of my '61 when the need arose. Cathy even climbed into the engine bay at one stage when I needed a second pair of hands and also did the footwork when it came time to bleed the brakes. She draws the line at polishing the car though whom she refers to as "the other woman" ::?

Ozzy :smile:
"The sour memory of a dud purchase is remembered long after the sweet taste of a cheap deal has disappeared"
1961 T-bird H/T Silver-Gray Metallic/Raven Black roof.
1971 Ford Falcon 351 XYGT-Nugget Gold.
VTCI #11702
Adelaide, South Australia.
RLZegers

Post by RLZegers »

Yep, I'm pretty lucky.... I think. She's the one that convinced me to buy this car but at the same time it's a family car that my Dad restored some 20+ years ago. When he passed the car sat in the garage until my wife and I bought it recently.

The wife does help out quite a bit and never has a problem with the time & money this hobby takes. That is special. I have to admit however, it's pretty embarrassing to have her out there and telling me how to fix whatever I'm working on and her ideas are truly better than mine.
eb88

Post by eb88 »

Let's hear it for the ladies !

In my class of 15 at City of Westminster, there were 3 girls of extremely varied backgrounds and ages, in fact one of them is photoed here in the very shop we learnt in!

http://www.cwc.ac.uk/Courses/Pages/Moto ... ction.aspx

Just goes to show..

And of course a big thanks to J. Wulf, the man is inspiration.
VTCI #12029

'55
'62 Sports Roadster
'63 Sports Roadster
Jim Wulf

Re: Thanks Jim!

Post by Jim Wulf »

Just a note of thanks to Jim Wulf for providing the 4V engine compartment photos on his website. My wife and I took the top of the engine apart on our '63HTand repainted it. Those pictures were invaluable when putting it all back together. Ours came out nice for car we take to a cruise now and then.

Will post pics when I get the valve covers and air cleaner painted the proper color.

Thanks again Jim!

Ron
Yer welcome! :thumbright:

And what a wife! :thumbleft:
Jim W, VTCI 1961-1963 Technical Editor
62 SR Red/Black
63 CV Black/Red
67 MGB Roadster
38 MG TA Tickford Drophead Coupe
39 Lea-Francis Corsica Super Sports
Past Birds:
63 MSR Red/Pearl Beige
66 CV Red/Red
63 CV P. Green/Pearl Beige
61 HT White/Pearl Beige
texastomeh

Post by texastomeh »

and never has a problem with the time & money this hobby takes.
Darn it!! :sad:

Ron, you should have stopped while you were ahead!! :roll:

Here I was thinking that you had that one-in-a-million, no! make that one-in-a-BILLION, wife that understands our obsession!! But, it turns out that she is just plain old NUTS - just like the rest of us!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
Tom Hartfield
"GROWING old was GREAT! BEING old SUCKS!"
"Seems like all the guys that know how to fix America are too busy working on old cars!"
'63 TBird HT
1927 BUGATTI Type 35C Replica
TR186 Triton Bass Boat