OK Flair-Birders, time to show off!

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

michaelbenner

Post by michaelbenner »

Washed, waxed, polished, and ready for tomorrow's parade! Woot!

"...and she'll have fun, fun, fun 'til her daddy takes the T-bird away."
WC145

Post by WC145 »

Well, it's been 2mos since I got my '66 Town and posted pics so I figure it's time to put up a couple more.

I've gotten her all cleaned up and taken care of all her maintenance needs along with a few modifications. She's freshly tuned with all new stuff including wires, a Pertonix Ignitor II, and an Accel coil. Plus, she's got new belts, new alternator, Holley 1850 carb, new 2.25" exhaust with Magnaflow "magnapack" mufflers and 70's Trans Am chrome twin exhaust tips. I had the rotors turned to take care of a pulsation and I replaced the front wheel bearings while they were off, cleaned up and painted the hubs, calipers, and rear drums, and replaced the shocks all around. The new wheels are 17x8 Coy's C57s and the tires are Cooper 235/50s. She runs and sounds great and goes down the road smooth. Yesterday we took a ride down the coast to the Owls Head Transportation Museum for their annual "Fabulous '50s & Sensational '60s" show, about a 230 round trip, and she ran perfect.

Still have a few little things to work out - oil leaks, a vibration, the gas gauge doesn't work, radio crapped out - stuff like that. I have some more mods in mind for down the road but right now I couldn't be more pleased with the car and we're thoroughly enjoying it.

So, on with the pics!
This is what it looked like when I got it-

And here's a couple I took yesterday at Owls Head-

And a shot of the interior now that it's all cleaned up-
Tulilanka

Post by Tulilanka »

Artsyfartsy

scumdog

Post by scumdog »

WC145 wrote:Well, it's been 2mos since I got my '66 Town and posted pics so I figure it's time to put up a couple more.

I've gotten her all cleaned up and taken care of all her maintenance needs along with a few modifications. She's freshly tuned with all new stuff including wires, a Pertonix Ignitor II, and an Accel coil. Plus, she's got new belts, new alternator, Holley 1850 carb, new 2.25" exhaust with Magnaflow "magnapack" mufflers and 70's Trans Am chrome twin exhaust tips. I had the rotors turned to take care of a pulsation and I replaced the front wheel bearings while they were off, cleaned up and painted the hubs, calipers, and rear drums, and replaced the shocks all around. The new wheels are 17x8 Coy's C57s and the tires are Cooper 235/50s. She runs and sounds great and goes down the road smooth. Yesterday we took a ride down the coast to the Owls Head Transportation Museum for their annual "Fabulous '50s & Sensational '60s" show, about a 230 round trip, and she ran perfect.

Still have a few little things to work out - oil leaks, a vibration, the gas gauge doesn't work, radio crapped out - stuff like that. I have some more mods in mind for down the road but right now I couldn't be more pleased with the car and we're thoroughly enjoying it.

So, on with the pics!
This is what it looked like when I got it-
You've done a good job on her - do the fancy wheels fit the front without spacers/adapter?
Kiwi Thunderbirder
'66 Town Landau
'55 F100
'37 Ford coupe
'64 Anglia
'05 Ultraglide Classic
WC145

Post by WC145 »

scumdog wrote:
WC145 wrote:You've done a good job on her - do the fancy wheels fit the front without spacers/adapter?
Thanks! I had to grind a little bit, just over 1/16", off the ridge on the outside of the calipers because they just touched. Other than that they fit perfect. Coy's does make two other styles that clear the calipers without any spacers or modifications.
jhenry

Post by jhenry »

Here is my winter project. I bought the car online last fall hoping it wouldn't need much. Turned out it needed pretty much everything, including new paint, interior, top, wiring and mechanicals. Lot's of hours and $$$ spent, but we are now enjoying the ride. Everything works, including the automatic speed control!

We drove the car 1200+ miles to the Des Moines Regional in June. It received a 1st place with a perfect score on the interior in the driven class.

VTCI #4244
1962 T-bird Convertible...DONE & SOLD!
1965 T-bird Convertible...DONE!
1959 Ford Retractable...owned 38 years
2005 Mustang GT Conv...supercharged by Ford!
Tbird100636

Post by Tbird100636 »

Great job jhenry!!! It looks great. Was white the original color of the car???
1964 Thunderbird Hardtop- 390 FE 4V- Chantilly Beige- NEVER done, but beautiful as is.
1966 Thunderbird Convertible- 390 FE 4V- Red (Originally Wimbledon White)- Hood installed and repaint coming... well... not sure when...
dales65

Post by dales65 »

Wow, well done, it looks great and I really like the color combination for the interior. Congratulations on the win, I bet you're going to enjoy it for a long time to come.

Cheers
Dale
65 convertible with tonneau
jhenry

Post by jhenry »

Tbird100636 wrote:Was white the original color of the car???
Yes, the body was always Wimbeldon white.
VTCI #4244
1962 T-bird Convertible...DONE & SOLD!
1965 T-bird Convertible...DONE!
1959 Ford Retractable...owned 38 years
2005 Mustang GT Conv...supercharged by Ford!
First T

My 66 Bird

Post by First T »

Tbird100636

Post by Tbird100636 »

Very Nice 5W hardtop First T!!! Quite well optioned... spinner hub caps, bodyside moldings, A/C, Safety Convenience panel, power front-rear-and vent windows, just can't tell if it has power seats or a reclining passenger seat with headrest. Maybe you answered this before but is it a 390 or 428???
1964 Thunderbird Hardtop- 390 FE 4V- Chantilly Beige- NEVER done, but beautiful as is.
1966 Thunderbird Convertible- 390 FE 4V- Red (Originally Wimbledon White)- Hood installed and repaint coming... well... not sure when...
First T

Post by First T »

Thanls! Still getting to kmow it. Has 390 and power seat,no recliner.
tbird5866

Hubcaps?

Post by tbird5866 »

First T: They look like wheel covers to me. If you want ty see"hubcaps" , look at a police car!
First T

Post by First T »

??? I didn't say anything
gurn

Post by gurn »

Beautiful Bird First T. 5866, that was 100636 but yeah those are really nice wheel covers and not hub caps ::wink:
65 hardtop