Wheel specs for aftermarket rims

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
mcgsxr

Wheel specs for aftermarket rims

Post by mcgsxr »

Exploring the idea of putting cragar, or centerline or american racing rims on my 69 Tudor.

Does anyone know the bolt pattern, backspacing etc?
Rehomed - 1969 Red Landau Tudor survivor, 34K original miles. TBird Registry #37047
mcgsxr

Post by mcgsxr »

I have noted that many late 60's Ford cars have been retrofitted with Mustang Bullitt rims, so those are easier to find the specs on.

FYI.
Rehomed - 1969 Red Landau Tudor survivor, 34K original miles. TBird Registry #37047
henn9438

Post by henn9438 »

That app will most likely work with my iPhone if it does with your iTouch!
kamkuda

Post by kamkuda »

Also be careful of interference with the front disk brakes, I had a set on that rubbed on the bleed screw of the disks if I remember correctly
Alan H. Tast

Re: Wheel specs for aftermarket rims

Post by Alan H. Tast »

mcgsxr wrote:Exploring the idea of putting cragar, or centerline or american racing rims on my 69 Tudor.

Does anyone know the bolt pattern, backspacing etc?
Bolt pattern should be 4.5" x 5; as for backspacing I'd love to know as well as I'm putting together a listing of stock wheel dimensions for an article in the Scoop, including inside diameter of hub opening, width of rim, inside diameter of rim on the brake side, and any other pertinent dimensions for the rims.

I'm also needing key dimensions for all years '55-'90s for the front and rear wheel wells in order to provide information on clearances in order to determine space available for tires. Any assistance would be helpful.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster