1972 Thudnerbird

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1970-79 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
72tbird

1972 Thudnerbird

Post by 72tbird »

I purchased a 1972 Thunderbird this past December. Listed in the Thunderbird registry here

Was wondering if anyone also has one. Would love to swap stories and restoration ideas. :lurk:

Here are some pics:

It has the 460ci engine, bucket seats, duel exhaust. Is mostly original. 148,000 miles. Purchased in Arizona.

Runs great except for distributor problems. I am planning a total restore. I am going to have the engine rebuilt this spring and start working on the interior and will see if I can get the paint done next year. Total projected cost, $12,000.

I am in need of a few small parts so if anyone has parts fairly cheap let me know.

I need:
  • Left turn signal lense
    dome light cover (rectangle)
    window felt (both sides)
    rubber along bottom of door, not door seal a strip that looks like it goes under the door panel on the inside. It's about 2" wide and as long as the door and very thin.
I would also like to find the center medallions in the landau. Mine are cracked and faded. See pic above.

I have the shop manuals and other part identification charts I am willing to share with anyone interested.

Comments appreciated.

Codes:
  • Body-65K
    Color-1C
    Trim-GA
    Axel-2
    Trans.-U
    DSO-54
1972 Thunderbird
1985 Thunderbird
If you can't get there in a Thunderbird, the trip isn't worth taking
imaoka

Parts source

Post by imaoka »

The T-bird ranch is a good source, espcially 70's birds
www.tbirdranch.com

Mike
72tbird

Engine Rebuilt

Post by 72tbird »

HI all,

Just got my baby back from having the engine rebuilt and man does it look great. :mrgreen:

check out the pics here

Let me know what you think.
1972 Thunderbird
1985 Thunderbird
If you can't get there in a Thunderbird, the trip isn't worth taking