electrical relays 0n 64 bird

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

Micky D

electrical relays 0n 64 bird

Post by Micky D »

I have no power to: Dash lights, electric seat, window motors. I'm sure its the electrical relays, Can they be tested? I've bench tested the seat and window motors and they work great. Are there after market relays that don't cost an arm and a leg?
54 Ford Crestline
64 T-Bird
redstangbob

Post by redstangbob »

Only the windows use a relay. I'd check the fuses/breakers first. make sure you have current in and out. Other modern relays can be used for the windows ( I did), but hiding it is a bit of a job. Your location is not quite as noticeable as mine. Good luck, Bob C
It's gonna be cool when it's done
And now it's really cool !!

59 convertible
58 convertible
65 hardtop
Micky D

electrical on 64 bird

Post by Micky D »

Bob. All the fuses are ok. I guess my next thing to do is check for each hot line coming into each fuse. I also forgot to mention the horn doesn't work. What does the relay look like and do you remember who you bought yours from?
54 Ford Crestline
64 T-Bird
aaronlampi

loss of power

Post by aaronlampi »

I would look at the wires at the starter relay or by battery,then follow back to fuse panel and look at the studs where they distribute power to the fuse panel,I will post pics when I get home tonight,good luck Aaron