See the new J-Bird!

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

TheMadTurtle

See the new J-Bird!

Post by TheMadTurtle »

Thought I'd post a link here to an article that AutoWeek recently ran regarding a modified Thunderbird that is going to be used in the upcoming "Thunderbirds" movie.

For those who don't know, the Thunderbirds was a marionette show from the 60's (I think it was the 60's...I watched it on re-runs :) ). There's going to be a live action film coming out this July. The article is tongue-in-cheek, but the car is really going to be in the movie.

Here's the link to the car article:

http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?port ... e=01783025

Here's a link to more info on the Thunderbirds movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167456/
www.hoosierthunderbird.com

-'58 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'67 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'50 Hudson Pacemaker
Alan H. Tast

Movie car

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Oh my Gawd, that thing is UUUUUgly! Only redeeming quality is the futuristic dash. But, then again, we're talking about people who think bringing marionettes to life would make good entertainment.

Reminds me of the car used in "The Leauge of Extraordinary Gentlemen" (which the credits say is based on the "graphic novel" - in street English, a comic book!) - both were dual-axle front-enders, extended to cartoonish proportions, and (I'm going out on a limb with this one) appear in bad movies.

Thanks for posting this dose of humor - now how am I going to work this into the 50-year history book?
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
TheMadTurtle

Re: Movie car

Post by TheMadTurtle »

Alan H. Tast wrote:Oh my Gawd, that thing is UUUUUgly! Only redeeming quality is the futuristic dash. But, then again, we're talking about people who think bringing marionettes to life would make good entertainment.

Reminds me of the car used in "The Leauge of Extraordinary Gentlemen" (which the credits say is based on the "graphic novel" - in street English, a comic book!) - both were dual-axle front-enders, extended to cartoonish proportions, and (I'm going out on a limb with this one) appear in bad movies.

Thanks for posting this dose of humor - now how am I going to work this into the 50-year history book?
Yeah, I thought people would get a kick out of it. It is pretty ugly.

*ahem*

Comics are one of the most under-appreciated art forms today and...your comments, Alan, further prove my point. The League of Extraordinary Gentleman was based on a comic book as were "From Hell", "American Splendor", "Men in Black" and, oh yeah, that tiny little Tom Hanks film "Road to Perdition".

Sorry, but comics are one of my other passions. I'd have responded in a similar fashion if I saw someone on the comic book message boards poking fun at Thunderbirds. :) Hope you understand. ;-)
www.hoosierthunderbird.com

-'58 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'67 Thunderbird Hardtop
-'50 Hudson Pacemaker
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Movie car

Post by Terri McNeill »

I am in complete agreement! UGLY!!! And Pink!!! Yuk........ [vomit]
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Blown306

Post by Blown306 »

That is the most beautiful Thunderbird Ford EVER created! Long sweeping lines and retro-technology design queues....wait a minute, wrong post! That thing is gross (but novel)!

Park it next to the Batmobiles, the Monkey-mobile, the Beverly Hillbillies-mobile and it'll fit right in...

[barf] :shock: [crazy] [headscratch] [cry]
- Jeff
President, Chicagoland Thunderbirds

'93 Kenne Bell LX "Putting the THUNDER back in the BIRD"
'02 Excursion Diesel - 2x the torque, hp, weight and economy
'03 V-Rod - No more mod money
'03 Goldwing - My other bike IS a Harley