electric fan

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1964-66 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: redstangbob

sleeper bird

electric fan

Post by sleeper bird »

i was wondering if anyone had used a pusher fan on the 428s to help keep it cool during summer.i would like to keep the original fan and clutch but was wondering if adding a pusher fan would help or hinder air flow when sitting in trafic.oh the car does have a/c if that matters.
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

looks like i might be the first to try.
smorgasbird

Post by smorgasbird »

I installed a pusher fan on my '61 390 for summer cruising. It was getting warm in stop and go crawling or parking lot cruising on hot days. I hooked it up to an on/off switch and it works great. My 'bird does not have AC though.
Mike S
Grand Rapids, Mi
'61 red HT
sleeper bird

Post by sleeper bird »

does it also have the factory fan?
smorgasbird

Post by smorgasbird »

Yes. It has the factory fan (not an AC clutch fan), plus the electric pusher fan.
Mike S
Grand Rapids, Mi
'61 red HT
elijah

Post by elijah »

smorgasbird wrote:Yes. It has the factory fan (not an AC fan clutch), plus the electric pusher fan.
This looks like an interesting idea. My uncle keep on whining how hot his thunderbird during summer and I don't have clue how to make it cooler. But reading this post makes me wanna do it to my uncle's car. Thanks for sharing the idea. :mrgreen: