Hacked!

This area is open to any (no profanities/etc.) subject you would like to discuss. NO VENDOR FOR SALE ITEMS

Moderator: Terri McNeill

Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Hacked!

Post by Terri McNeill »

Hi all,
some of you noticed over the Easter weekend the forum got hacked. I had a full backup and managed to get it all restored but the avatars. Sorry but you will need to upload them again as they have been lost forever......even mine!

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
4-5-6-birdman

Post by 4-5-6-birdman »

Thanks again Terri for all your hard work. It's great knowing that the bumps can be smoothed over in the blink of an eye, almost anyway!
4-5-6-birdman / aka WildBill / aka NWBOATGUY
1978 F250 4x4 408
1975 Marquis 460
1966 TBird 460 stroker soon
1965 Tbird w/ Coming Attraction ..428 yeehaa
1964 TBird 390GT
See me at the FE.Com forum and the 385 forum at Network 54
tbirdman

Re: Hacked!

Post by tbirdman »

Terri McNeill wrote:Hi all,
some of you noticed over the Easter weekend the forum got hacked. I had a full backup and managed to get it all restored but the avatars. Sorry but you will need to upload them again as they have been lost forever......even mine!

Terri
Have you upgraded to the latest version of the forum SW? I've got a couple of websites and the hosting provider recommended upgrading. 2.0.13 is the latest rev. I assume you are using phpbb2.
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Post by Terri McNeill »

yep I upgraded, it suposed to be hack proof! I guess we will see.......

Terri
Terri McNeill, Past VTCI President, currently VTCI Publications Director, Member of VTCI, VTCI-PNWC and Chicagoland Thunderbirds
Blown306

Post by Blown306 »

The only way to make something totally hack proof is to unplug it from the network and the power outlet. Eventually, someone finds a vunerability, and posts it on a newsgroup for any high school kid to go and try. Just keep up on the updates and security patches as best you can. And keep a rigorous back-up schedule ;-)
- Jeff
President, Chicagoland Thunderbirds

'93 Kenne Bell LX "Putting the THUNDER back in the BIRD"
'02 Excursion Diesel - 2x the torque, hp, weight and economy
'03 V-Rod - No more mod money
'03 Goldwing - My other bike IS a Harley
Terri McNeill
Site Admin

Hacked

Post by Terri McNeill »

;-) yep......I back-up everyday!!! There is so much information on this forum I would hate to lose it, at least I can get it back if it's hack.......again!