List of all rubber brake hoses please

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

Rusty57

Re: List of all rubber brake hoses please

Post by Rusty57 »

Sorry we got off track. I agree that new copper washers is the only real solution. That is my choice and why I always buy extra's.
Rusty
VTCI 13079
ScreaminJohnny

Post by ScreaminJohnny »

Yeah, swollen brake hoses and worn out wheel cylinders is why I reuse to seriously drive the car before I replace them. If I know I can stop, steer, and my wheels won’t fall off, I feel safe on the road.
55 Bird. 292, Ford-O-Matic, Raven Black. Power steering and brakes.
ward 57

Post by ward 57 »

That's a good idea. Just beware that when my shop replaced my hoses They told me they almost had to destroy a couple of connections to get them loose. Took them a couple of extra hours and mechanics tricks to get them to crack loose.
VTCI # 13223
ScreaminJohnny

Post by ScreaminJohnny »

Noted, thank you.

Do you think I need to worry about the bias plys on the car? I’m worried about a blow out or de-treading while driving. I’m not sure the date code, but they all hold wind and I don’t think they’re dry cracked.
55 Bird. 292, Ford-O-Matic, Raven Black. Power steering and brakes.
ward 57

Post by ward 57 »

There is a production code molded on the inside sidewall of the tire. Make note of it and you can check the production date on line. Probably the D.O.T. site. I'm sure they have a recommendation on when to replace.
VTCI # 13223
Jimntempe

Post by Jimntempe »

You can get an accurate age for tires produced after 2000. Before 2000 it's a little more difficult but those will obviously be at least 23 years old.

https://www.tirerack.com/upgrade-garage ... f-my-tires