Dash speaker cover clips need help here

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Mvs62bulletbird

Dash speaker cover clips need help here

Post by Mvs62bulletbird »

Hi, I’m putting a new speaker cover the metal grill on the center dash speaker of a 62 Ford Thunderbird roadster convertible and I do not have the clips, so does anyone know where I can find the four clips does anyone have a diagram that I can use to CAD, the four clips off a 3-D metal printer. I’m open to all ideas here. I don’t wanna mess with my dash pad and I don’t wanna hurt the cover, all ideas are welcome if anyone’s got a source for the original clips I would be all over that and very thankful.

What I did is I’m gonna run gauges and sending wire bundles through that cover. I ordered a replacement cover and that’s the one I’m gonna run the gauge wires through and pull the original cover off and keep it labeled as such For originality of the vehicle but I am putting a oil pressure, water temperature and voltage meter gauges all right there in a housing that holds three 2 1/16 inches gauges that can be removed if I ever need to have the car competed, a show, etc.

I also wanted to add for those who have been following my adventure that I rented the neighborhood kid that has some mechanical ability extremely flexible even at 6 feet and 14 years old and had him go up underneath the dash with the seed place the tan cover on and cardboard covering the kickplate on the door sill we found five blown fuses in the fuse box and two blown in line fuses and the original fuse holders what a party dash lights, and other stuff that’s coming on that has not been on for 15 years. I bought my 2 glass fuse packs at O’Reilly @4.99 each and use the fuse holder gauge chart for the car to match the best that I could Also use the decode gold contact cleaner for the reastat on the dash lights pull shaft, and that worked beautifully with three applications that off to the point I’m making great contact and the new replacement one will become a Christmas ornament until I need it. Peace to all of you and thank you for your generous support, time & helping advice.

On a sidenote, I’ve been using an endoscope for getting in places we need to find without ripping the car apart and it’s worked very very well. We can take pictures then review & take a look. get in there 3 to 6 feet deep discuss our plan and then execute it. this is a great tool to use to work on the car for under $200. Is it paid off so very well.

I couldn’t do this without this forum. Thank you michael
Attachments
IMG_7237.png
IMG_7280.png
IMG_7281.png
IMG_7282.png
David Robertson NZ

Re: Dash speaker cover clips need help here

Post by David Robertson NZ »

There is an OK picture in the '62 Body/Interior Assembly Manual on page 13. If you don't already have this and the Electrical Assembly Manual you should get them ASAP. Most parts suppliers carry them.
There is a PDF of it here:
http://fordramair.com/new/info/tech/T-B ... Manual.pdf