4100 Carb leaking raw gas onto manifold

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

Alan H. Tast

Re: 4100 Carb leaking raw gas onto manifold

Post by Alan H. Tast »

mammentorp wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:56 pm OP here.

And, like magic, snapping down those retainer clips fixed the problem! The funny thing is, I watched Mike's overhaul video probably ten times, and I even remember him making that comment about getting the clips in the groove. But when it came time to actually do it, it went right past me.

Thank you all so much for the help on this!! Another hurdle overcome.

Happy New Year!!!
Great news! I suspect without the clips being in place there is nothing keeping the floats and pins from doing what comes naturally. Just another lesson that you can't fight the laws of physics...
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
mammentorp

Post by mammentorp »

Alan H. Tast wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 2:18 pm
Rusty57 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:13 pm Once again, this proves the value of forums like this one. VTCI membership supports this valuable resource.
Rusty, THANK YOU for the ringing endorsement. If not for dues-paying members to VTCI, this Forum would not exist. If you are reading this and currently not a member-in-good standing, here's the link to join VTCI and get its bimonthly magazine, "Thunderbird Scoop" (which this thread will be eventually transitioned into a tech article for future reference):
https://www.vintagethunderbirdclub.net/
My dues went in this morning. ;0)
Matt Ammentorp
Hayward, Wisconsin
1963 Thunderbird Landau
Cliff Rankin

Post by Cliff Rankin »

Good call Karl , I look at this form on an I phone, did not catch that , but then again I have always admired your
Totally different point of view. I always learn from it.
I look forward to reading Mr. Tast article in the scoop. And I really enjoyed this thread.
Cliff
Cliff Rankin
63 convertible
64 convertible
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Cliff Rankin wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:00 pm Good call Karl , I look at this form on an I phone, did not catch that , but then again I have always admired your
Totally different point of view. I always learn from it.
I look forward to reading Mr. Tast article in the scoop. And I really enjoyed this thread.
Cliff
All I can think of right now is a quote from "Christmas Vacation" - at the end of Clark Griswold's rant about his 'Christmas Bonus' comes THE classic line:

"Where's the Tylenol?" :drinking:

That all problems could be as simple as this to fix after going down the proverbial "rabbit hole"...now I have to get articles assembled and meet deadline.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster