Headlight Question

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1970-79 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
tigerwpns

Headlight Question

Post by tigerwpns »

Hey gang! New here. I just picked up a base model 78 302 to relive my glory days (I had a 77 351W in highschool) and it's in pretty good shape. I'm a decent mechanic and have a pretty advanced level of knowledge and skills but, I've come across something I'm not familiar with... When I bought the car, the headlights switch was dropped out of the dash bezel. I know how to reinstall it, but the headlamp covers only go up if I hold the switch (circled in yellow) forward. Not noticable cracks in the line. Vacuum sounds good with no noticable leaks and the covers go up and down flawlessly when that switch is held. Any thoughts??
Attachments
Switch2.jpg
Thugpug

Re: Headlight Question

Post by Thugpug »

Hey there. Unsure if this is any use to ya being this long withou5 response but I've had random issues with the vacuum switches and it sucked trying to find replacements (that did fix the issue I had prior). But perhaps this conversions kit may be of interest to ya.

https://dicksterssmartpants.com/store/v ... n-kit.html