Regal roadster question please

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1955-57 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Joe Johnston

graveyard

Regal roadster question please

Post by graveyard »

Any of you guys ever have a regal roadster thinking about buying a 55 Thunderbird regal roadster very nice car would love some opinions please
Joe Johnston

Re: Regal roadster question please

Post by Joe Johnston »

I am only stating my opinion. I have had a 56, 2 57's, and currently have a 63SR. One 57 was modified, the others were stock restorations. In MY opinion, the modified are more fun and handle much better than the stock cars. Also, a Regal is a car that is more dependable and can drive and park somewhere and not be worried about it (as much) like I am about my 63. Those that love stock cars (myself included) may not always agree with that, but the bottom line is YOU have found a nice car YOU think YOU could have fun with!!! Isn't that more important than having a garage queen you are afraid to drive??? If its a quality build, it will be a fun car to have. Its similar, but on a less expensive scale, than the AC Cobras. Originals are extremely expensive, but the replicas are about 50K or more. Who has the most fun driving?? Its, to each their own, and if you are very wealthy, go for the best original and drive the wheels off of it, but if like most guys, just enjoy the Regal and have a better handling and performing car than an original.
PLEASE invest a few bucks and buy all the shop manuals for your car. Definitely will save you much time and be an education.

55-57 VTCI Forum Moderator
57 Inca Gold-Colonial White
63SR Silver Mink
55blacktie

Post by 55blacktie »

To some extent, I agree. If your primary desire is to have a fun driver, there are many makes & models to choose from. I don't know anyone who can afford an original Cobra, but I do know people who could afford a Cobra kit car. If any of them wants an original, it makes sense to buy a kit car. Original 55-57 Tbirds, on the other hand, are affordable. Why buy a copy, when you could have the real McCoy?
graveyard

Post by graveyard »

I will agree on some of it but i want a car that is dependable and more fun to drive i guess as to value i know they are not going to be as valuable as a orginal t bird but if you look around they are a lot of people putting the newer trans and engine and so forth on a lot of the older cars not just t bird so they are more enjoyable!! I can see if i had a F code or a rare car in another brand i wouldnt touch it most people want.
55blacktie

Post by 55blacktie »

Would a Regal be welcomed by a Tbird club? Some local chapters don't even allow Tbirds made after 1957.
Alan H. Tast

Post by Alan H. Tast »

55blacktie wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:03 pm Would a Regal be welcomed by a Tbird club? Some local chapters don't even allow Tbirds made after 1957.
It's kind of like if the Model 'A' folks accept Shay replicas (of which there are also Little 'Bird versions IIRC), but that strays from the course of discussion (my apologies, Mr. Moderator).
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
55blacktie

Post by 55blacktie »

I disagree.

Graveyard requested opinions about purchasing a Regal. If he ever intends to become a Tbird club member, it should be considered.
graveyard

Post by graveyard »

iI have been a member for a while,i bought a E code t bird a while back and ending up selling it. :cool: