CONVERTIBLE TOP CYCLE TIME

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: ABQTBird

62roadster

CONVERTIBLE TOP CYCLE TIME

Post by 62roadster »

Who can tell me when my/a '62 convertible was new, how long it should/would take for the top to retract into the trunk and for the trunk lid to close and lock (or vice-versa)?
kbuhagiar

Re: CONVERTIBLE TOP CYCLE TIME

Post by kbuhagiar »

I can't speak to how long the top would take on a new '62 Bird, but I can say that my '62 convertible top operates extremely well, and it takes just under 60 seconds to fully retract, and the same in the other direction.

Every other '61 - '63 Bird convertible that I have seen is either the same or slower. Most are slower. I've never come across one that was faster.
Cheers, Ken
1962 Convertible
1966 Q-code Landau Coupe (sold)
1990 SuperCoupe 5-speed (sold)
orthodoc

Post by orthodoc »

My 63 is similar at right around 1 minute. That is with all new cylinders, pump and lines last year.
1963 Thunderbird Roadster Convertible
"Rangoon Red"
GeoffInCarlsbad

Post by GeoffInCarlsbad »

My 1961 takes about 90 seconds. All relay replaced, new pump, and drained, cleansed and replaced transmission fluid for the hydraulics. The longest time to cycle is the retraction or extension of the trunk flip-lid. I replaced the original motor that does not move as quickly as the original. But, it is reliable and works every time.
Geoff in Carlsbad CA
1961 T-Bird Convertible (in progress)
Love it! ::?