'71 Emergency Flasher - location ?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
merccougbird

'71 Emergency Flasher - location ?

Post by merccougbird »

I've posted this before ( September of last year ! ), and still looking for some help / direction as to where I might find the 'elusive' flasher unit. I've taken off the lower drivers access panel and removed the glove-box for better access and visibility. I've used an automotive stethoscope ( could clearly hear the turn signal relay from anywhere under the dash - but not the emergency flasher ) and I purchased a DEPSTECH scope for use with my cell phone to look in all the nooks and crannies inside the dash ( the cam is flexible and has a built-in illuminating light ).

All of this to no avail. The regular turn signal relay is exactly where the service manual and MPC diagrams show it to be ( to the left of the glovebox ). The emergency flasher should be to the right of the glovebox, in a clip holder by the fuse panel. NO such luck. It just isn't there. I've searched the entire length of the dash interior, numerous times. Really annoyed / frustrated.

I have had some suggestions :

(1) the MPC '71 wiring diagram was uploaded in response as an 'aid' to finding the relay location - but I've already seen this, and the flasher relay just isn't in the location as depicted in the schematic
(2) that the emergency flasher relay might be by the parking brake assembly. Sadly it isn't in that location either.

Any other suggestions ? Anyone actually removed or replaced this relay and truly knows where it is ?
stove

Re: '71 Emergency Flasher - location ?

Post by stove »

I'm guessing this is useless?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSkKQySAm4
1963 HT, Corinthian White / Pearl Beige
1966 Convertible, Sauterne Gold / Parchment leather/Ivy Gold (428 A/C)
1967 Tudor Landau, Raven Black / Black (428)
1970 Five Window Landau Brougham, Ginger Met. Poly / Ginger Hopsack