Graphene/Ceramic coating

How to's when detailing your Thunderbird
seany-boy

Graphene/Ceramic coating

Post by seany-boy »

So after spending so much time and $$ getting the car spruced up I decided to bite the bullet and pay for a ceramic/graphene coating to be put on to hopefully allow me to easily maintain the paintwork and clean the car with buckets etc over the next few years. As I had never had a car coated, I also wanted to see the effect incase I wanted to do the same on my Mach 1 once I get that painted.
I definitely think they invest a lot on lighting in these shops, but also noticed every step we do to improve the car, makes us see the tiny little imperfections and we could never stop if we don't look away!
Anyway, It came out looking fantastic, now time will tell whether it makes any difference over a few years.

Hopefully this is visible but i seem to have mixed results using Onedrive as it sometimes asks users to login.
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtlcC5ta5Q9wjglDnmQ ... t?e=9GlzoK
Otherwise attached pics.
Attachments
IMG-20220702-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220702-WA0000.jpg
Red 57 Thunderbird 312 3spd O/D
ward 57

Re: Graphene/Ceramic coating

Post by ward 57 »

Gorgeous but time will tell. I have no experience with the new products but back in the '70s some of the old products didn't last with time.
VTCI # 13223
ICON 1956

Post by ICON 1956 »

My Nephew is a car detailer, He has high end clients. He has done Ferraris,Porches, Mclarens. He wants to do mine.btw your car looks gorgeous . It's so wet and deep with color. I'm thinking about doing the same.I hope I get the family discount. :smile:
1956 Thunderbird Sage Green
1953 Ford Custom Liner Hot Rod With Flat 8 Motor with Henderson three 2 barrel Carbs
VTCI Member # 12309
seany-boy

Post by seany-boy »

ha, your nephew needs to follow the family rules!
TbirdIntender

Post by TbirdIntender »

Yes, thanks for the pictures and information. I've been thinking over the coating issue myself.

Let us know how well yours lasts.
1966 Town Hardtop in sapphire blue
VTCI #13000
Joymike

Post by Joymike »

How much does it cost. Mike Hudson
seany-boy

Post by seany-boy »

Don't know the going rates in the US but probably cheaper than downunder. The cost down here comes somewhere close to $1500-2000. But it depends on how much buffing and polishing they deem necessary/are willing to do to improve the paint finish before they coat the vehicle.
When I pulled the car out of garage for the recent driver parade, I only had to give it a light blow for dust and a polishing cloth lightly. Have only cleaned once in q2 months or so.