What is this part called and does anybody have one?

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1967-71 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
Wardhill

What is this part called and does anybody have one?

Post by Wardhill »

Does anyone know what this rubber connector is called? Or a part number? It has vacuum line coming from the far left,drivers side, junction block and plugs into the far right junction block. I believe it’s part of the hvac system . See photo. Thanks, Jeff
Attachments
IMG_0870.jpeg
Alan H. Tast

Re: What is this part called and does anybody have one?

Post by Alan H. Tast »

Year and model would be helpful, along with what accessories are installed, such as Thermactor or IMCO; heater, heater/AC, or the 'dreaded' Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) system, etc.

More than likely the vacuum port is supposed to be connected to the vacuum valve 'stalk' that comes out of the top of the intake manifold for emissions control: this changed pretty much changed from year to year and got more complex as time went on.
Last edited by Alan H. Tast on Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan H. Tast, AIA
Technical Director/Past President,
Vintage Thunderbird Club Int'l.
Author, "Thunderbird 1955-1966" & "Thunderbird 50 Years"
1963 Hardtop & 1963 Sports Roadster
cacockrum

Post by cacockrum »

This looks very much like the vacuum line connector on my '68 which plugs into a mating connector that passes through the firewall just to the left of the heater/air conditioner housing. I doubt that it will be serviceable or that decent replacements exist. I used short sections of slightly larger ID hose as couplings, and added a small right-angle bracket fastened to the firewall to provide enough strain relief to keep things from coming apart. As I recall some of the vacuum lines come from another connector that passes through the firewall below the master cylinder. My memory is foggy on this point, but others may be routed along the left front wheel-well cover and on to the vacuum canister near the left headlight assembly. The lines should be color coded, and if you don't already have a one you might want to get a copy of Jim Osborn's Vacuum Schematic Manual for your model year.
Wardhill

Post by Wardhill »

Thank you yes you are correct that it what the part does. I need to find some of the rigid tubing that passes thru the fire wall