Gas gauge Anti-slosh Module Repair

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1990-97 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS
mcm51

Gas gauge Anti-slosh Module Repair

Post by mcm51 »

I don't know if any other members are having this problem with their anti-slosh card. Mine has just backed out of the slot for the fourth time now. The last time it backed out a year or two ago, I thought sure it was in for good, I used a little piece of foam against the card so it had a little more tension were the plastic clip that suppose to hold it in is. But about a week ago, I started getting that gas gauge slammed all the way to the right when I only have a 1/4 tank, I also know that if I do nothing, the low fuel light will stay lit regardless how much fuel I have. Long story short, I just got thru pulling the cluster out and low and behold, yes the card was backing out again, this time maybe a little dab of JB weld will keep it in.....nice to have a gas gauge again....
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
'86 Mustang SVO 2.3 Turbocharged
'84 Mustang GT-350 5.0 H.O.
VTCI #12973
U.S. Army 194th Armor Ft. Knox, Ky. 1977
mcm51

Re: Gas gauge Anti-slosh Module Repair

Post by mcm51 »

**UPDATE** Over 9 months now, gas gauge still working great.. that small drop of J.B. Weld maybe my lifetime cure after all !! If that repair makes it to Jan. 1st. I would be amped to claim total victory.. Still a little un-sure why other MN-12 owners have not went thru this with the fuel card backing out of the cluster OR they may be un-aware of it happening.. Keep in mind, fuel gauge slammed all the way past full AND low fuel light on at same time, your fuel card is probably falling out !!
'95 Thunderbird LX 4.6
'86 Mustang SVO 2.3 Turbocharged
'84 Mustang GT-350 5.0 H.O.
VTCI #12973
U.S. Army 194th Armor Ft. Knox, Ky. 1977