New Project-Traction Masters

This area is for posting questions/information concerning 1961-63 year Thunderbirds NO FOR SALE POSTINGS

Moderator: Wklink

61Okie

New Project-Traction Masters

Post by 61Okie »

Traction Masters have been around since the 50's. Original equpment on the GT350 Shelbys and Sunbeam Tigers. http://www.tractionmaster.com/
If all goes well, I'm working with the owner Chuck. We will have Traction Master bars for our '61-63 'Birds.

Last picture are the full 11" of Street Drag Radials installed.
1916 - I'm going to see a man about a Horse...
2016 - I'm going to see a man about some Horsepower...
46stude

Re: New Project-Traction Masters

Post by 46stude »

Cool deal.
61Okie

Post by 61Okie »

46stude wrote:Cool deal.
46stude, Yes should be fun.
OK Here's so far... 62 & 63 will be no problem. Offering will be in both "bolt-on " and "weld on". Bolt on will be replacing the existing bottom leaf spring plate with the one provided and the parallel bar will clamp to the leaf just behind the front mount. Weld-on is similar except there will be a simple tear-drop ring to weld on the outside of the original front spring perch to attach the parallel bar. All of your original springs will stay intact.
My '61, Well a whole different ball game. The '61 used a much larger and beefier bottom leaf spring plate and bolts. Much like the earlier 'Birds. So, in lieu of the expense of designing/fabricating a spring plate of the very few '61's left, I suggested the provision of two simple "ears" to be welded on to the bottom of the stock oem plate. The two rear ears will be the attach point for the parallel bar and the front can still be the bolt-on or weld-on style described above.

ps- noticed your name, I love old Studes, helped a good friend who recently past build several to run in the La Cerrera Panamericana. http://www.panamrace.com

Enjoy your Studes
1916 - I'm going to see a man about a Horse...
2016 - I'm going to see a man about some Horsepower...
LeonardK

Post by LeonardK »

Apologies for digging up this old thread, but I'm looking to install traction bars on my 62 Convertible and the link doesn't seem to include any Tbirds outside of 55-57. Does anybody have a resource for our application?